You can bring your own Soda on Board?

or any other alcoholic beverage on at the port in New Orleans. We saw hords of people being pulled aside and beer and liquor being pulled from luggage and bags as we were lining up to get on board. They are very serious about it there and check diligently. As for sodas and water, I didn't see any of that on the tables where they were displaying the stuff that they were confiscating. We were boarding the Carnival Conquest on that trip. We are planning a cruise for Oct on the RC Mariner. Has anyone carried on soda and water on this ship? I am sure my dh would love to do that if he has that option.

Wow that is too bad. I didn't bring my beer to save money I brought it because they do not sell it on the ship. I only brought a 12 pack and I spent over $500 on liquor alone between my hubby and me so I don't think they lost money on me at all. That and all the other stuff I spent my money on. I guess I can understand if you have copious amounts of booze that you are bringing with, but not a 12 pack. It is funny with the same cruise line, with the same policy, you would think they would enforce it equally. I guess it much have more to do with the port security workers huh? Carnival says you can bring a small amount of non alcoholic beverages with you. I always bring a 12 pack of water and did so when we went on the Nordic Empress in Tampa. We also had bottled diet coke then too.

The Mariner is out of Port canaveral too right? We had no probs with taking stuff onto the Disney ship or the carnival ship there so my guess would be that there shouldn't be a problem with Royal. Maybe search the Royal boards?

Have a great trip!!!

at each port. I have heard before that New Orleans is one of the stricter ports. I am glad to hear that Port Canaveral is not. I saw one person that posted about RCCL and said that the first night they have liquor for sale really cheap and then all you do is pay a usage fee of $9.50. We really dont drink enough for it to benefit us and we like to try the different cocktails that they have each day. I think our bar tab on the Conquest was around $150 for both of us. We purchased plenty to bring home both on the ship and in port. Unfortunately, we were flying out and they made us check the bottles of liquor, which made me mad because we saw numerous people on board the plane with their liquor in tow. The Birmingham idiots that unloaded the plane threw the box on the luggage and busted half of it...even with 25 bright orange stickers that said Fragile on the box. I am sure some of the other people had their luggage soaked...1 of ours was. We were furious and they did nothing about it...we will never fly southwest again! Ok..off my soapbox now:D . It is very good to know that Port Canaveral is easier to get thru...thanks for that info

Wow that does really stink about them making you check it. I put mine in my roll on cooler and rolled it right onto the plane, thru security and everything. I then stuck it in the overhead bin and all was good. A few souvineers that were in hubbys carry on didn't make it though, I think we got kind of wild at the bar waiting to get off the ship. Since we were delayed 9 hours, we sat in the bar till they closed it at about 3:30 or 4 pm. I can imagine that is when his bag may have gotten kicked or something. Anyway, yes I was on Royal last year and they do have a big liquor sale and it still came out a bit cheaper than trying to bring it on board. I could never finish a whole bottle like that and like you I like to try different drinks. Hubby and I don't usually drink as much as we did this last time, but we were celebrating our 20th anniversary and said "what the heck". Next time, with kids, we probably will spend more on pictures LOL.

Archived