Disney question

TheCalicoCat

In your opinion, is Disney a "loud" cruise. Kids squealing, etc.

I played with the idea of a Disney cruise, but I keep thinking that it will be over stimulating.

(We have never done Disney World/Disneyland - should we start with a land vacation? What age is best? We don't do licensed products at home, so while my son is aware of Mickey - he isn't a fanatic. He's just as happy with his non-branded animals.)

Would the parks or cruise open a can of worms that this quiet momma has so far avoided?

FWIW my son has been on 2 Carnival cruises (& loved them both!) & we have a HAL cruise to Alaska planned for this June.

It's no noisier than any other cruise, or vacation, for that matter! there are lots of "adult only" spaces on the ship and the private island.

Disney is more expensive than the other lines....unless you want the Disney experience, I'd say it's not worth the additional cost.

Now, a vacation at Disneyworld is great! You need a full week or more just to see everything! It's alot of fun, but you have to pace yourself! The BEST age for kids to see Disney is around 7 or 8....younger than that, and they simply can't appreciate the "magic" that is Disney! It can be overstimulating for the very young.

I have been to Dutch Wonderland several times. I would say that the ideal age for the park would be 4-7 years old. Older kids would enjoy it too, probably about up to age 10, then it might be too babyish.

Thanks! Looks like a next summer trip!

I have cruised twice on DCL, never been to WDW, and no immediate plan to go there. We aren't Disney nuts, but we enjoy the experience on the Disney ship ... to me DCL is more similar to HAL than to RCI: elegant, classic, polished, traditional yet high-tech, but everything is just "magical". I guess I was fortunate to be able to cruise during low season and I never paid more than what I think is reasonable for a comparable RCI ship.

Archived