John Heald's feelings toward TG/CD???

andr3a

I feel the need to jump in and explain some things here. The line from his blog is actually a reference to something else entirely and not at all directed to the GLBT community. Let me try and break it down....

John has an ongoing feud with some people who are regular posters here on Cruise Critic. These are people that criticize him, Carnival, etc quite a bit. They also make statements on his Facebook page and in the response section of his blog. They have resorted to using fake names to post many of their comments. John repeatedly calls out a certain member by name in his blog. This is a man who posts under the alias "Lucinda". Therefore the comment was actually directed at this particular man. John is just making a jab at the man whi us behind the alias "Lucinda". If you followed his blog or Facebook page then you would get the reference. I admit, from the outside it looks like a disparaging remark made at the GLBT community. I assure you it is not. In fact I am willing to bet John would feel awful that people took it this way.

Yes, my partner and I cruise Carnival quite frequently (15 cruises so far, but we cruise other lines as well). We personally met John on our Magic Med cruise last year and had a good time talking with him. He later sent wine and other things to our cabin. He is a generous man that does quite a bit for the brand. As I said, I like that man, but I am not a rabid fan of his. There are some things that I don't agree with, but they have nothing to do with this discussion or the LGBT community.

It should also be noted that John's Assistant Cruise Director is very openly gay. They have been a team for a couple years now and their constant banter is quite comedic to many. The sexuality of his partner is openly refereed to quite often during their "routines". I actually find it quite refreshing that John has made these strides in his duty as a brand ambassador. When you think about it, John Heald is actually doing quite a bit of good for raising awareness of acceptance for our community. He could just take the easy way out, pander to (what people erroneously believe to be) the "Carnival" crowd and hire some pretty chick who can open a bottle of Bud with her teeth.

Very Well Said

John's Assistant is AWSOME!!!!!

I feel the need to jump in and explain some things here. The line from his blog is actually a reference to something else entirely and not at all directed to the GLBT community. Let me try and break it down....

John has an ongoing feud with some people who are regular posters here on Cruise Critic. These are people that criticize him, Carnival, etc quite a bit. They also make statements on his Facebook page and in the response section of his blog. They have resorted to using fake names to post many of their comments. John repeatedly calls out a certain member by name in his blog. This is a man who posts under the alias "Lucinda". Therefore the comment was actually directed at this particular man. John is just making a jab at the man whi us behind the alias "Lucinda". If you followed his blog or Facebook page then you would get the reference. I admit, from the outside it looks like a disparaging remark made at the GLBT community. I assure you it is not. In fact I am willing to bet John would feel awful that people took it this way.

Yes, my partner and I cruise Carnival quite frequently (15 cruises so far, but we cruise other lines as well). We personally met John on our Magic Med cruise last year and had a good time talking with him. He later sent wine and other things to our cabin. He is a generous man that does quite a bit for the brand. As I said, I like that man, but I am not a rabid fan of his. There are some things that I don't agree with, but they have nothing to do with this discussion or the LGBT community.

It should also be noted that John's Assistant Cruise Director is very openly gay. They have been a team for a couple years now and their constant banter is quite comedic to many. The sexuality of his partner is openly refereed to quite often during their "routines". I actually find it quite refreshing that John has made these strides in his duty as a brand ambassador. When you think about it, John Heald is actually doing quite a bit of good for raising awareness of acceptance for our community. He could just take the easy way out, pander to (what people erroneously believe to be) the "Carnival" crowd and hire some pretty chick who can open a bottle of Bud with her teeth.

Remember several weeks ago when John got a message from a

passenger on the Breeze, complaining that the ship had too many

gays on board. John seemed hurt by that person's comment. Which

I assumed was directed at his assistant.

Well said tiggerman101. The fricking queens get on these boards all the time a b*tch about Carnaval and how the are uhm well just to good to go carnival. The funny thing is Carnival Corp owns Carnival Cruise Lines, Costa Cruises, Cunard Line, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Seabourn Cruise Line. Okay now I'm done b*tchin:)

Archived