Cruise Wardrobe for a Bride?

Hi Ladies!

I am kinda new to Cruise Critic, but I am a Sept 2012 bride, getting married aboard the NCL Sky. We will be having our ceremony in Nassau, Bahamas on the beach.

My question is - have any of you started planning your "cruise wardrobe" for your wedding, and would any of you like to share? I'm a bit of an over-planner, and have already started buying outfits for our cruise. I was wondering if anyone knew of any good websites or clothing stores that are especially good for cruise-ware or beach lounging. I've looked at the usual - Victoria's Secret, Target, Old Navy, Forever21, JCrew, etc.

Thanks so much in advance!

I bought a couple of new swimsuits and am waiting on a pair of (what I hope will be) cute wedge sandals to arrive in the mail. I did buy a new sort of formal dress earlier this year which I took on my cruise in March, and while I was on that trip I bought a cute new sundress/swimsuit coverup in St Thomas. With the possible exception of the formal dress these are all things I'll use at home as well. Otherwise I'm packing regular summer clothes that I would take on any other trip.

I bought a couple of new swimsuits and am waiting on a pair of (what I hope will be) cute wedge sandals to arrive in the mail

Where did you find the wedge sandals? I have purchased a few things so far - my dress for the white hot party, a beach cover-up and looked at a few bathing suits. Here's what I found so far:

White/Silver Dress

http://us.asos.com/TFNC-Dress-with-Sequin-Bandeau-Chiffon-Skirt/xooth/?iid=2151800&cid=14543&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=-1&sort=-1&clr=Black/cream+skirt&mporgp=L1RGTkMvVEZOQy1EcmVzcy13aXRoLVNlcXVpbi1CYW5kZWF1LUNoaWZmb24tU2tpcnQvUHJvZC8.

VS Striped Cover Up

http://www.victoriassecret.com/ss/Satellite?ProductID=1265788947345&c=Page&cid=1332988406112&pagename=vsdWrapper&search=true

Any more website suggestions?

Congrats Jess,

Best of luck with your upcoming wedding. A couple of my favorite sites to get me ready for a cruise are Venus and Boston Proper.

Heidi

Thank you, Heidi! I've never heard of either of those sites - great suggestions! Can't wait to check them out.

I am afraid I was a bit of an overplanner/packer as well. I actually brought a white dress to wear each night to dinner. Sundresses for casual nights, a fun fancy dress for one of the formal nights and, of course, my wedding gown for the first formal night, which was the day of our ceremony. I even bought a white swimsuit, but only ended up wearing that once.

Love the idea of those bronze sandals, which would go with almost anything. So cute.

Archived