Substandard housekeeping/cabin service on Summit

Caribbophile

This was my first Celebrity cruise; have cruised several times on other lines (Carnival, Norwegian, etc). Kept hearing that Celebrity was more upscale but I found this not to be the case, esp regarding housekeeping/cabin service. We arrived late on embarkation day & after dinner my husband went straight to bed while I explored the ship. When I returned the room was dark so rather than wake my husband by turning on light I just got into bed. The next morning I was appalled to find a few blood spots on the sheets. These were not from me; they were dried on from a previous guest. An "upscale" line like Celebrity should have discarded these sheets instead of bothering to wash & reuse them & I was disgusted to have slept on them. I called Guest Services to request that when they remake my bed they use non-bloody sheets! Also, on other cruises, if we ran out of shampoo or another item it was automatically replaced. I had to hunt the room steward down the few times I needed replacement shampoo, etc. On the last night I never even received the luggage tags for disembarking & when I called Guest Services they just casually asked me what time I wanted to leave the ship & then someone brought tags. In my experience the service on Celebrity is well below that of the other cruise lines I've sailed with.

This was my first Celebrity cruise; have cruised several times on other lines (Carnival, Norwegian, etc). Kept hearing that Celebrity was more upscale but I found this not to be the case, esp regarding housekeeping/cabin service. We arrived late on embarkation day & after dinner my husband went straight to bed while I explored the ship. When I returned the room was dark so rather than wake my husband by turning on light I just got into bed. The next morning I was appalled to find a few blood spots on the sheets. These were not from me; they were dried on from a previous guest. An "upscale" line like Celebrity should have discarded these sheets instead of bothering to wash & reuse them & I was disgusted to have slept on them. I called Guest Services to request that when they remake my bed they use non-bloody sheets! Also, on other cruises, if we ran out of shampoo or another item it was automatically replaced. I had to hunt the room steward down the few times I needed replacement shampoo, etc. On the last night I never even received the luggage tags for disembarking & when I called Guest Services they just casually asked me what time I wanted to leave the ship & then someone brought tags. In my experience the service on Celebrity is well below that of the other cruise lines I've sailed with.

I've always been quite pleased with the service on my CCL cruises; I hope to enjoy the same on my first X cruise. Sorry you were disappointed.

Archived