Age Requirement

carbreylynn

Originally my husband (29) and I (22) were scheduled to sail next week but due to an unexpected issue at work he had to cancel...I just booked my sister and nephew in his place and I just realized that carnival has the age restriction to cruising alone. My sister is only 20 and my nephew is 1! They never said anything during our 50 min phone call and I just paid them in full. :( Anyone know what I should do? We sail next week.

I would check to be sure, will your sister be 21 by date of sail?

This happened to a friend of mine, granted, he was told by the cruise company (RCCL) that since he wasin the military they would waive the 21 or over requirement. They also included that he would be able to chaperone his 20 year old grlfriend. What happened was when he arrived at the port, the personnel at the pier (NOT RCCL, but contracted by them) would not let EITHER of them board the ship...

They eventually gave him a refund because the person who sold him his tickets DID say that he would be able to board, but it took a while+phone calls to a lawyer+telling the news...he was almost out $3k dollars due to the whole fiasco..

Again, double check, call the port that the ship is departing out of to verify, if it is not too late, you may have to rebook for yourself...you may be out the money you paid unfortunatley.

Archived