Viking River cruise on Danube during Christmas

Cheekysnana

OHHH I'm so confused. Here I have been thinking that we were sailing on the 8th of Dec. But it is the 9th. thanks... We are flying to Brussels on Dec.3rd. Then off to Nuremburg for 2 nights before the sailing. I have Uggs (boots) that I hope will be good for walking. Then I got myself a pair of LLBean shoes.

We are Frank & Denise and look forward to meeting you.

Just a note that my Uggs ( I have the style with Vibram soles and more support than the normal boots) were great for non wet weather but a complete disaster in snow and rain. I had to blow dry them to get the wet out and my feet were miserable. I now bring my Sorel boots which are both comfy and truly waterproof.:)

OHHH I'm so confused. Here I have been thinking that we were sailing on the 8th of Dec. But it is the 9th. thanks... We are flying to Brussels on Dec.3rd. Then off to Nuremburg for 2 nights before the sailing. I have Uggs (boots) that I hope will be good for walking. Then I got myself a pair of LLBean shoes.

We are Frank & Denise and look forward to meeting you.

And we are Dan and Sheila. We're spending 3 days in Prague on the front end. We'll see you on the ship in Nuremburg on the 9th. At least you would have arrived one day early, rather than one day late (not good)!

I was counting on the Uggs to keep me dry too. I wonder if I can waterproof them??

Tried that and no luck. Also purchased a pair of waterproof Uggs and they were a complete disaster. And the company did not stand behind them at all. For that price, customer service is a joke and I will never spend another dime with Uggs.

While certainly not fashionable or stylish, I went to the local WalMart and bought a pair of their waterproof boots (not high boots, but the ones that cover the ankles, similar to hiking boots).

They served me well for the 2011 Christmas Rhine cruise and they're all ready to be packed for our upcoming 2012 Danube cruise.

The price was right, they worked great, and once on your feet for a winter's day it's tough to distinguish them from the higher priced, named brands (and no one is looking anyway :)).

• 4 weeks later...

Spent the last two days in Antwerpen Belgium. Cold and wet, but what a beautiful city. Yesterday went to Dixmaude to see the WWI trenches. Today toured Antwerpen with wonderful friends. Went to the MAS museum . Went to the oldest pub,400 yrs old, had great beer. Tomorrow going to Nuremburg for two days then going on board Freya on Sunday. Weather is wet and cold.

Archived