Progreso Boards Quiet....

packedandready

I've hired a taxi for a tour of Progresso and environs on a non ship day there. It was 150 pesos or about 12 bucks U.S. For about an hour.

I've also taken the bus between Progresso and Merida. It was about 4 bucks I think. You can catch that about 3 blocks from the pier. It drops you 2 blocks from the square in Merida. From the square you can take a double decker bus from in front of the big church through most of the tourist areas of town. Hop on, hop off as you like.

Hugh in Dallas.

We went this past November by cab from right at the ship. The ship sponsored tour was $49 PP . We paid $70 total for the cab for all 4 of us . It was great. Fernando was our driver.. Stopped at a convenience store on the way , got 4 beers , 1 coke for Fernando , and 1 water for $5..He took us to the square and agreed to meet us back where he parked the cab at a certain time.Had a great lunch on the square. Had no problems whatsoever, and will do this again. ;)

10s6qhd.jpg

2nrzdk4.jpg

Archived