Is the Sushi on board for free ?

asdus

Hi,

it will be my first cruise, so I wonder if even the Sushi on board

will be for free.

BTW, which kind of drinks we can get for free ?

We are plannig to cruise with Carnival Glory.

Thanks

Andree

I agree with GC...while there is no charge, for the sushi, it's not the best...cucumber roll, salmon roll and perhaps a california roll...nothing worth writing home about...which disappointed me as I am a sushi lover.

As far as drinks etc....coffee, tea (hot and iced...skip the iced, make some hot tea and add ice), lemonade, fruit punch, soft serve ice-cream, pizza and ceasar salad available 24 hrs.. Room service is also available 24/7.

Enjoy your first cruise....it can easily become an addiction...*L*

Interesting, is the sushi open whole the day ?

Even it is not that good, we could use it as a snack in-between ?

Concerning formal night, is it realy worth to carry a suit with me for 2 weeks roundtrip Florida and 1 week cruise ?

If not realy needed, I would skip that formal night.

Do I need a suit also for other locations on the ship ?

Thanks

Andree

If you don't want to participate in the formal nights, you don't have to. Many men wear tuxes, but many just wear a suit, or coat/tie/slacks... There are plenty of options for eating if you don't want to eat in the main dining room (on most nights, the dress is "resort casual", just no shorts/tanks/b suits)... If you brought a sport coat, I am sure you could get several nights use out of it. There is also a supper club ($25 extra per person) that is phenomenal! So you may want to dress appropriately for that if you decide you want to go....

On the Miracle, we saw sushi only on a few nights, before dinner... I have never seen it served all day though... but I'm not sure about the Glory...

Interesting, is the sushi open whole the day ?

Even it is not that good, we could use it as a snack in-between ?

Concerning formal night, is it realy worth to carry a suit with me for 2 weeks roundtrip Florida and 1 week cruise ?

If not realy needed, I would skip that formal night.

Do I need a suit also for other locations on the ship ?

Thanks

Andree

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Sushi_Bar.aspx

Can I get sushi while onboard?spacer.gif

The sushi bar is open nightly prior to the dinner hours. Saki is available at a nominal cost.

Applicable ships: Fascination, Inspiration, Ecstasy, Elation, Paradise, Fantasy, Jubilee, Celebration, Conquest, Glory, Imagination, Valor

Sushi is served for lunch at the Asian counter in the Lido Restaurant, but not nightly prior to the dinner hours. Applicable ships: Destiny, Triumph, Victory, Spirit, Pride, Legend, Miracle

They usually have "sushi" during the lunch buffet, and every night at around 5 pm at the sushi bar.

Frankly, it is terrible. They had raw salmon maki rolls once all week. The rest of the week it was something along the lines of cooked salmon rolls and cooked mussel rolls. :(

Also, there will be a Captains Party prior to dinner on the first formal night.. An hour of free wine/beer/cocktails and finger food... don't miss it!!! :D

Finger Food??? When did they start serving Wendy's Chilli???;)

Archived