Boarding Time

Usually you can get on board soon after the previous cruise members have left the ship. For a 5 PM sailing we usually try to get to the port between 11:30 AM and 12:30 PM. You usually can go straight to your room if you board after 1 PM but if you board before you may end up having to drag your carry-on's around the ship until the cabins are ready.

Have a great next cruise.

It´s a hard to answer question as it depends very much on several factors, like when comes the ship in from the prior cruise, how long does it take to get the ship cleared by local authorities from the prior cruise, how long does debarkatino takes and how long does it takes to get the pax from the last cruise through immigration and customs.

As you can see there are many factors.

Probably your docs will state something like 2:00pm as boarding time.

I´ve been on board for a 5:00pm sailing as early as 10:45am.

You should be fine between noon and 01:00pm.

Our sail time is listed as 11:59pm. Will the time that you can actually get on the ship be in our boarding documents or can you call RCL to ask? I know you said there could be several factors, however, given the time of our departure we will already have to be out of our hotel by then.

Come to think of it, that begs another question. We are staying at a hotel through a RCL pre-cruise package. Our travel to the ship is supposed to be included if we want. My BF and I would like to get on the ship as soon as we can. Does the transfer to the dock happen all at one pre-set time for everyone in the hotel? Or do you have the option of going at different times. Also, will the hotel hold on to your luggage since checkout if typically noon?

Anyone who can share their suggestions or past experiences would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

WBC

Our sail time is listed as 11:59pm. Will the time that you can actually get on the ship be in our boarding documents or can you call RCL to ask? I know you said there could be several factors, however, given the time of our departure we will already have to be out of our hotel by then.

Come to think of it, that begs another question. We are staying at a hotel through a RCL pre-cruise package. Our travel to the ship is supposed to be included if we want. My BF and I would like to get on the ship as soon as we can. Does the transfer to the dock happen all at one pre-set time for everyone in the hotel? Or do you have the option of going at different times. Also, will the hotel hold on to your luggage since checkout if typically noon?

Anyone who can share their suggestions or past experiences would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

WBC

Boarding time will be listed in the documents. From my experience, with RCCL transfer from the hotel to the ship there is usually a set time and you won´t have a choice of different times. With this arrangement RCCL will take care of your lauggage too. When I used this service they always had some information at the Hotel about when the luggage is picked up at the room, when check-out is and what time the transfer bus will be ready.

With the transfer you won´t have the chance of early embarkation as the transfers are mostly arranged around regular boarding time like in the docs stated.

What I did when I wanted to embark early was to take a taxi to the pier on my own. Advantage was also that I avoided the long lines when all the buses arrive.

Archived