Volendam Navigation deck aft veranda

namaste859

I am booked on an inside cabin on the Navigation deck of the Volendam. I chose this deck because of the aft veranda, which I've read is a fairly private viewing deck almost right outside the door. Also, just a flight up to the Lido deck.

However, I started to wonder about the ability to really sit on this deck when I found a couple of photos of the Volendam aft. This first photo is a fairly good image that you can enlarge if you click on the image: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Volendam/fqtvguy__4992.jpg. You will notice that the Navigation deck does not have deck chairs.

This photo, I believe, is of the Volendam Navigation deck. http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Volendam/Haligonian37_IMG_0824.jpg . The only seats look like hard wooden benches, which would not be comfortable if you sat for any length of time.

Can anyone tell me if there is room for deck chairs on Navigation or must we sit on the wooden chairs in the photo?

Also, it looks like there is doors to this deck, but not to the deck below (Veranda deck). So, you must use the stairs to get to the Veranda deck, which might make it fairly private and would be another option for us.

Archived