Just back from Holiday today! 4-30-05

shecat

We got back this morning from the 5 day sailing going to Calica/Playa Del Carmen and Cozumel. We had a great time. This is not our first rodeo, we have sailed the Inspiration, Conquest and the Destiny. The service on the Holiday was the best yet. The food must have been good we both gained 5 pounds. The ship was overbooked there were 1750 passengers onboard. Even with that many people it did not seem crowded. The only lines were for the buffett at breakfast. I will write a full review next week and post it. If you have any questions I will try to answer them for you.

Corina27, We rented a car at the dock, it was a small 4-door with AC. It cost $50 including insurance. We went to Xel-Ha and Hiddens Worlds. The car has to be back by 6:30-7:00. We turned in the car changed clothes caught a cab into Playa. The cab cost $10. I will give more details in the review.

Diva, Steve Cassell is goofy. Although he is a very talented violinist/fiddle player. I think the guy social host, can't remember his name is much funnier.

The weather was great the whole trip. You need long pants and a jacket for the first night if you want to go out on the deck. The water in the upper Gulf of Mexico has not warmed up yet. Lots of cold people walking around the first night.

Archived