Visit Seaworld Orlando Before Cruise Hotel Ideas.

cruzlovr75

Hi. We are looking into visiting Seaworld pre-cruise and I wondered what hotels are nice and affordable with a shuttle service. We would need it from the airport, to the cruise port (Cape Canaveral), then back to the airport after. Or should renting a car be more a better choice? Either way anyone know a nice hotel near Seaworld? Thanks.

Hi! We did this last year on our way to our Legend cruise in Tampa, but we had a car, so I wasn't looking for shuttle service.

Because of the distance between Orlando and the port, you may be hard pressed to find a hotel with a shuttle to both places at a reasonable rate. My advice would be to go to Priceline and bid on both a hotel and then add a car rental.

I did Priceline for our Orlando hotel last year and got the Holiday Inn across from Universal Studios, which wasn't very far from Sea World, at a pretty good rate. There are plenty of places on International Drive...just bid on a higher star rating so that you don't get a dive. You can do a little research here and on PL to see what the hotel star ratings fall in the various Orlando areas and then bid accordingly.

Good luck and have fun!

My daughter and I stayed at the Hilton Grand Vacation Suites a couple of years ago. The accomodations and amenities were great. We walked to Sea World.

Check it out.

Karen

The Hampton Inn Orlando Airport has a cruise pkg that includes RT shuttle to the port. If you have a larger family, then a rental car may be more cost effective. You will just need to price it out to determine what will work best. :) http://www.hamptoninn.com/en/hp/hotels/specials_detail_popup.jhtml?ctyhocn=MCOAPHX&promoId=137930033

Here is a list of hotels along with their distance from SeaWorld.

http://hotelguides.com/florida/seaworld-orlando-fl-hotels.html

Good luck to you and have a great time.

We did this several years ago too. We used Hotwire and got a great condo very near Sea World. I was very happy with it, we found a 4 star. It was 2 bedroom condo with a kitchen, I was so impressed.

We also rented a car, I think you'd be disappointed without a car. There will be something you'll want to get at the store etc. and having the flexibility. There are several companies that let you pick up at MCO and drop off at Port Canaveral. I know Enterprise is one of them and there are others.

Check out the Blue Heron Resort in Orlando. We stayed there a few years ago and they have packages where you can get the room and Sea World tickets. They are extremely affordable!! Click on the "Special Packages" tab.

It is a beautiful condo resort that overlooks the lake. They also have a huge pool.

Also, as far as transportation, you are better off renting a car to get around. I don't believe you will find many hotels, if any, that will take you to Port Can.

Does it have to be Sea World in Orlando ? We have been there 2x and enjoyed it but this past Feb went to the Sea Aquarium in Miami and thoroughly enjoyed our stay there. Not near as far and we has a car rental.

I think you might have misread the post. Miami is at least 3 hours drive from Port Canaveral. Sea World is only about 30 mins.

Archived