BALTIMORE Pre-cruise/ hotel info

gidgetplp

Hi. We will be sailing out of Baltimore, but are arriving a day early. Anyone have any suggestions for hotel, meals, etc? Does anyone know how far away Dundalk Port is from Sheraton - Inner Harbor? I know there is shuttle service from some hotels near the BWI airport, but since we will be driving to Baltimore we wanted to stay closer to the Port. Any helpful suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks!

All the hotels in the Inner Harbor area are great....lots of goods restaurants around too. If you're lucky, the Orioles might be playing that night. The stadium is a quick 5 minute walk from the inner harbor. Camden Yards (the Orioles stadium) is awesome and is worth checking out even if you don't like baseball.

Dundalk Marine Terminal is about a 10-15 minute cab ride from the inner harbor.

Scott

Abingdon, MD

Gidget, What do you want to do prior to your cruise? Why do you want to stay closer to the port? Are you looking to do the tourist thing or are you just being smart and coming in day before the cruise? To do the tourist thing you will want to stay in the Inner Harbor area. If just looking to put your head down for the night there ARE lots of choices at the airport, but also choices in some other parts of town. The only hotel that I have ever heard about that has a shuttle to the port is the Best Western on O'Donnell St. This is close to the port and I'm sure lots of people stay there, but it would not be something I would ever recommend. There is nothing redeeming anywhere nearby. But make your own decision. Parking at the port is $10 day. If you want to save money consider using Priceline for your hotel. Parking at an airport hotel will be free, downtown overnight in the $15-20 range most likely. Once you are in the Baltimore area, you are no more than 30 minutes to the port from just about anywhere.

Thanks for the advice. I guess we will just stay put at the Sheraton - Inner Harbor (got a great rate of $109/night too!). That way we will explore the Harbor attractions. I wanted one thing less to be concerned with, who know, leave the car behind and be transported directly to the port. I just didn't want the next morning to be hectic driving to the port. (Hate to get lost and frustrated before the trip truly begins!)

That's a good rate for the Sheraton, and you're only a block from Harborplace. Your morning should be very relaxed. Getting to the port from there is 15 minutes or so and very easy.

Would you like detailed driving directions?

Have the hotel direct you towards Oriole Park and the entrance to 95. Just after you enter the highway ramp, you will see signs for 95 North, Ft. McHenry Tunnel or New York. It's a right exit and very high up. You can spot Grandeur in the distance from here. Take this exit towards New York. Go thru the tunnel in the extreme right hand lanes. You will see signs telling you this if you want to exit at Keith Ave, which you do. Stay right as you exit tunnel, pay toll ($2) and take exit to Keith Ave just past toll. Follow Keith Ave to traffic light where you are facing the Harbor. Turn left and stay straight as this road merges to the right onto Broening Highway. Then just follow the signs to the port. You can't miss them. Turn right to enter Seagirt Terminal and they will direct you to parking.

Enjoy a relaxed morning. This is so easy.

Archived