Sleep Inn & Suites, Dania - Questions

My mother & I are flying to FLL in Sept. for a cruise out of POM and need a hotel for one night. I think the Sleep Inn and Suites will meet our needs, but would like to hear from others that have stayed there recently.

Is it clean and worth the money? And how about the restaurants nearby, are they any good? Does anyone know if SAS picks up there?

Thanks in advance! :)

My mother & I are flying to FLL in Sept. for a cruise out of POM and need a hotel for one night. I think the Sleep Inn and Suites will meet our needs, but would like to hear from others that have stayed there recently.

Is it clean and worth the money? And how about the restaurants nearby, are they any good? Does anyone know if SAS picks up there?

I'm looking at this hotel as well, hope someone answers your questions.:)

We are also booked at the Sleep Inn & Suites for our cruise out of POM next year. We have not stayed here yet but I can help with a few of the questions.

This is some of the infomation that I received from the hotel when I called to book our rooms.

As far as what is located around the hotel; There is a 24 hour Walgreens directly next door and a Publix grocery in the shopping center across the street. Also located in the shopping center are 3 restaurants,

Pancho's Back Yard Mexican -- http://panchosbackyard.net/index.php#rt-feature-panel

Hunan Wok -- http://www.urbanspoon.com/cities/12-miami/restaurants/152921-hunan-wok/menu

.... and a higher priced Italian restaurant that I am not sure of the name.

There is also a restaurant called Michael's within walking distance. Not sure of the type of food or style of this restaurant either.

Wine can be purchased at the Publix but for anyone interested in Liquor, there is KC Lounge and Package Store also within walking distance.

The hotel also informed me that there is a shuttle to the POM for anyone needing one. The price depends on the number of guests that will be going. For only the 4 of us, she quoted me $20 each way. They also do pick up at the POM back to the FLL airport. Again, the price depends on the number of passengers signed up.

I e-mailed SAS today and they told me they do pick-up at the Sleep Inn on their 11am shuttle. For 6 passengers or less the rate is $15. More than 6 - $13.

I have not scheduled our shuttle yet as I am waiting to book our airfare so I can decide on the shuttle pick-up time after the cruise.

QLS Shuttle is another company that has come highly recommended on these boards.

Good luck to you and have a great cruise.

:):)

We have stayed here many times as it suits our needs for one night pre-cruise. Across the street is a Mexican restaurant which feel is pretty good. We have dined at the Italian restaurant a few years back and thought it was ok, it has since changed ownership and I think has received good reviews lately. Within the same plaza as the restaurants is a Dollar store and a Publix (grocery that sells beer & wine) which has come in handy. In addition, next door to the hotel is a Walgreens which can be very useful as well. The hotel is not plush but we have found it clean, not expensive, and have never had an issue.

Sleep Inn is often the least expensive safe hotel that you can find in the area, and they will pick you up from FLL and feed you breakfast at no extra charge, so Yes it is worth the money. Pancho's has good food.

Sleep Inn is often the least expensive safe hotel that you can find in the area, and they will pick you up from FLL and feed you breakfast at no extra charge, so Yes it is worth the money. Pancho's has good food.

RoyalCruz, Can you compare the Sleep Inn and Cambia Suites, Dania Beach for me as far as area, restaurants and things to do? We have an additional 2 people traveling with us too. Single guys so may need something lively for them.

I usually stay precruise in Miame but having 6 people, I have 2 rooms booked in Coconut Grove but either one of these hotels will let me go into 1 room at a great government rate.

My only thing is waiting until 11am for the shuttles put me at the POM close to noon. I like to get to port early and be one of the first to board (get my vacation started earlier) but if I can save a significant amount of money, it may be worth it.

I'm looking for my November cruise prenight.

RoyalCruz, Can you compare the Sleep Inn and Cambia Suites, Dania Beach for me as far as area, restaurants and things to do? We have an additional 2 people traveling with us too. Single guys so may need something lively for them.

.....I'm looking for my November cruise prenight.

Neither the Sleep Inn or Cambria Suites are near any action, sorry. Sleep Inn has grocery, drug store, and 3 very simple casual restaurants on the block and a quiet beach a mile awy.

Cambria is a few blocks walk to a big shopping center with discount stores like Kmart, Big Lots, and Marshall's. There are a bunch a family restaurants in the shopping center (quite a walk because it is over a half mile long), movie theatre, and Dave & Busters arcade. There is also Hollywood Ale House in there, which is a great sports bar/restaurant with decent food, the best in that area. So I guess Cambria would be the best choice of the 2.

The real action is downtown (close to Riverside Hotel and Hampton Inn downtown) and at Fort Lauderdale Beach, but Cambria should be fine.

Neither the Sleep Inn or Cambria Suites are near any action, sorry. Sleep Inn has grocery, drug store, and 3 very simple casual restaurants on the block and a quiet beach a mile awy.

Cambria is a few blocks walk to a big shopping center with discount stores like Kmart, Big Lots, and Marshall's. There are a bunch a family restaurants in the shopping center (quite a walk because it is over a half mile long), movie theatre, and Dave & Busters arcade. There is also Hollywood Ale House in there, which is a great sports bar/restaurant with decent food, the best in that area. So I guess Cambria would be the best choice of the 2.

The real action is downtown (close to Riverside Hotel and Hampton Inn downtown) and at Fort Lauderdale Beach, but Cambria should be fine.

royalcruz, thanks for the info. Sleep Inn is a better rate so I have lots to think about. I'm happy with a few beers by the pool so I'll have to check with the 2 single guys and see what they plan on doing for the night.

royalcruz, thanks for the info. Sleep Inn is a better rate so I have lots to think about. I'm happy with a few beers by the pool so I'll have to check with the 2 single guys and see what they plan on doing for the night.

Publix has a nice selection of beer & wine. :D

Is this hotel at all reasonable for a cruise out of Port Everglades? I will be driving but really don't want to drive very far the morning of departure.

It's very conveniently located, about 10-15 minutes away at most from the south port entrance. Sleep Inn is a half mile east of US1, and the port entrance is an easy 5 mile ride directly up US1. It seems even closer than that, and you'll have all morning to get breakfast, check out, and make your way to the port. If you want to be right next to the port, stay at Crowne Plaza or one of the hotels on SE 17th St. but it will cost more.

Archived