Snorkeling - not anchoring?

Ok - I am a big dork.

I have been snorkeling a few times and the boat has just docked out in the middle of the water - like at Turtle Cove.

Now I have seen that terrible movie about being left out in the ocean. Please don't make fun of me ... I know it is irrational...BUT...

Are there any snorkeling excursions that youjust walk into the water and snorkle right offshore? Ones that are pretty and worth it?

Thanks

-scaredy cat

Hello,

You don't need to do an excursion to do the beach acessiable snorkels. Just get a mask and snorkel and swim out and look around. On St. Thomas, Coki Beach, Sapphire and Secret Harbor have good snorkeling that is just off of shore. On St. John there are spots beach acesssiable too.

--Islander

http://www.*****

We just returned from our cruise. We snorkeled at three ports and our favorite was at Sapphire Beach in St. Thomas. We took Sunny Liston tours. He gave us a good tour of the Island, then took us to Sapphire Beach for 2 hours. The beach was gorgeous. And you snorkel right from the beach. (Equipment rental was only $5 each per hour.) The beach wasn't crowded at all. And the snorkeling was great! I would highly recommend Sonny (he was delightful and dependable) and snorkeling at Sapphire Beach!

Archived