So will our boys (5 & 9) like Camp Carnival?

Our daughter does not care for it. Plus we are not fans of it. The last time we took her she came back saying that for $$$ she could get a stuffed bear, and for $$$ there was a late night dance party, and for $$$ she could craft something....The old cruise nickel & dime at work on the kids.

So we were happy when she said she preferred not to go ( she is 7). I think reading on deck, talking about islands and the waves, playing board games with us or swimming with us, just makes a better family vacation.

Plus time is so short on a cruise, eat, swim, eat then play a game, eat dinner and maybe a bit of a show before bed (8PM)...food and sea air just tuckers the kid out.

On the other hand, my 7 year old neice LOVES it!!! So ya never know.

Our 11 year old daughter loved it and wanted to spend every waking moment there. She stayed for the partying till 3 am a couple of times too. If you want them to be able to do the scavenger hunts, you have to give them permission to sign themselves in and out. We didn't want out daughter to be the only one left at the Camp when these hunts occurred so agreed to that. Good practice for this next cruise because at 12 they no longer have to be signed in or out. She enjoyed the crafts and games and also wanted to eat with them. They take them to the Lido for meals some days. We figured this was her vacation too and if that was what she wanted to do that was fine.

We just returned from a cruise on the Valor last week with our twin 6 year old boys. One boy really loved Camp Carnival and the other was just so-so about it. They did have a lot of different programs for them and we felt very secure dropping them off there. The one thing I don't like about it is that if they are there they are basically just sitting inside in a room where all the curtains are drawn. No time outside, no swimming. I think that's why my one sun didn't like it. He preferred to be exploring the ship and swimming to being inside!

Majority of kids like it- some do no.

GD (age 5) did not.

We did try it on the first day-- left at at 10am (she was super excited_ and told her we would be back at 11:45.

she painted a tee shirt,. made a hat. played a game

but after we picked her up she did not want to go back,

iN THE MORNINGS We would read the daily activity pages and nope- she wanted to stay with us.

To this day we have no idea why. (camp is located very forward on the spirit class ships and maybe she felt the motion there)

the ages 2-5--- those 5 year olds are in school either pre school or kindergarden.

she does go to school and has been in day care since 2 months old..

orientation is the first night about 5pm

go check it out-- go with the flow if they decide its not for them

Being a new poster to this board I gotta say "Wow" lots of helpful information from everyone. Thanks for your opinions on the subject.

It was nice to hear that so many of your children have liked it.

Our kiddo's are pretty outgoing and make friends easily, especially our 9 year old.

Our 5 year old can be kinda cliggy some times, but he does fine at Mothers Day out and Sunday school so hopefully he'll have a good time there.

Also someone followed up and said they were sailing shortly on the Ecstacy with Children. I can tell you I'm jealous of your ship over ours. Ecstacy has Water Works Water Park on that ship (unlike the Conquest we are cruising on). We were on Ecstacy (the ship ...ha ha) last summer on saw lots of kiddos having a great time on the slides and splash park area and that's what made us want to take our boys on our next cruise.

Also someone followed up and said they were sailing shortly on the Ecstacy with Children. I can tell you I'm jealous of your ship over ours. Ecstacy has Water Works Water Park on that ship (unlike the Conquest we are cruising on). We were on Ecstacy (the ship ...ha ha) last summer on saw lots of kiddos having a great time on the slides and splash park area and that's what made us want to take our boys on our next cruise.

We picked this ship due to the waterworks (among other things) because we knew our kids would love it! :) We are very excited about our summer vacation this year....however my oldest daughter is having a bit of anxiety about being on a 'boat' in the middle of the ocean. I think she saw the media reports about the recent sinking...she has been on a cruise before....hopefully she will be ok! :)

Archived