Checking for price drops... HOW?

Hi

This is just my second cruise, and Ive been reading posts about checking for and getting price drops that have me curious.

How do you do that?? Im booked through RCI Australia, and would love to know any secrets to getting price drops. Is it just by checking the RC website or is there a better way? And what exactly am I looking for? ATM interior cabins are not even coming up, only the superior interior.

Any advice would be appreciated

Hi

This is just my second cruise, and Ive been reading posts about checking for and getting price drops that have me curious.

How do you do that?? Im booked through RCI Australia, and would love to know any secrets to getting price drops. Is it just by checking the RC website or is there a better way? And what exactly am I looking for? ATM interior cabins are not even coming up, only the superior interior.

That's it, just use the RCI website as if you were booking the same cruise, and compare the current price displayed to the price you paid. If the category you booked does not show up, then it's sold out and there won't be a price drop. However, even though your category might be sold out, you might see a higher category go lower in price than what you paid, so you could move up. Keep checking periodically.

Hi

Unless things have changed recently, Australian bookings don't get the price drop guarantee that our friends in the US enjoy. :(

I kept an eye on RCI website, managed to get a price drop. Kept looking & managed to get a cabin move from deck 3 to deck 8 same price, same category. I just kept checking. We booked directly, when I found the cabin on deck 8 I put a hold on it & rang RCI the next day. All they did was cancel the original booking & rebooked the new cabin. Of course we lost our dining reservations & are no MTD, never cruised with them before but happy to try.

We weren't offered a price drop which seems to me the thing that happens in the US.

I kept an eye on RCI website, managed to get a price drop. Kept looking & managed to get a cabin move from deck 3 to deck 8 same price, same category. I just kept checking. We booked directly, when I found the cabin on deck 8 I put a hold on it & rang RCI the next day. All they did was cancel the original booking & rebooked the new cabin. Of course we lost our dining reservations & are no MTD, never cruised with them before but happy to try.

We weren't offered a price drop which seems to me the thing that happens in the US.

I would have thought that you'd loose your deposit form your original booking.

I have all the cruises that I have purchased and others that I am interested in listed as saved cruises. I just keep checking the prices by bring up "saved cruises". Prices change

frequently. So unless they stipulate new booking only on a lower price, I'm hot on the phone

to RCI. I should say that I always book directly with RCI. Otherwise you have to go through

your TA.

To give you an example, last fall I had booked a balcony on Navigator for $1,699 PP. I watched it rise to $2,099. Then there was a one day sale for a guarantee balcony at

$1,099. I jumped on that. You don't lose your deposit, but you must do this before full

payment is made. I have saved thousands doing this. We have friends who are currently

number 2 all time cruisers on RCI. He told me about this as he has saved tens of thousands. Literally on 3 b2b cruises around the Horn, he cut his cost around $6,000. He also, because

of their status, was upgraded to Royal suite. He is on the computer daily, even while cruising.

You can always use the ships internet free when loging on to RCI.

Archived