Walking Distance at port in Vancouver

Reignwater

It's possible this belongs on the disability board, and I may cross post there, but what I really need is Vancouver specific information.

We're cruising HAL with my parents, both of whom have some mobility issues. My mother will be using a powerchair onboard and I've already talked with the HAL accessibility folks. Here's the issue though. HAL doesn't provide special assistance (wheelchair) until you get to the security checkpoint. I lived in Van when Canada place was built and know it's a pretty big space.

Does anyone have any idea how far it is to security checkpoint from where one might be dropped off? Any ideas how I might find out?

Thanks

My DW has MS and our experience has been with Princess which provides wheelchair porters as soon as you enter the Canada Place terminal and I am amazed that HAL doesn't do the same. I would certainly see one of the HAL staff as soon as you enter the terminal and request a porter.

The distance to security is a few hundred feet but it is the lines that I would be more concerned with...you could be dealing with an hour or more depending when you arrive, the later the shorter the line.

Archived