Sandy Toes/Rose Island Nassau

davis2nd

Anyone ever been to this place? My wife and I are looking for an excursion while docked in Nassau. We are not really interested in tours or shopping just want to relax on a nice beach. The reviews of this place are very good but wanted to get the experts on cruise critics opinions. Any feedback?

Thanks

I haven't been, but I researched it for our upcoming visit to Nassau. I, too, thought it sounded like a lot of fun. HOWEVER, the excursion 'time' does not fit with our stay on Nassau. We have to be back on the ship at 4:30pm latest, so 4:15 back to the Ferry Terminal is NOT going to work for us. I emailed them directly and received this nice email back. Their contact info is listed below if you want to contact them to see if it could work for you. :)

Thank you for your inquiry and your interest in Sandy Toes! Our day excursion departs at 10:00am from the Paradise Island Ferry Terminal. This is just a short water taxi ride from the cruise ship terminal - approx $3/pp - or a land taxi ride which is also just a few dollars (and probably much quicker). The excursion returns at approx. 4:15pm to the PI Ferry Terminal. The cost of the excursion is $70/adults and $35/kids 12 and under. This includes the boat transportation from Paradise Island, signature welcome drink, full buffet lunch, complimentary lemonade during lunch, guided snorkeling tour and snorkeling gear equipment (with $10 refundable security deposit). We also have a fantastic beach bar and sun deck overlooking the ocean and kayaks and tubes for rent, as well as a hammock garden and a gift shop. Cash, Visa and MasterCard are accepted on the island.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or would like to book.

We look forward to having you at Sandy Toes!

Iola Knowles

Marketing, Groups/Accounts

Sandy Toes

Excursions, Private Events & Beach Bar

Rose Island, Bahamas

E: sandytoesroseisland@gmail.com

W: www.sandytoesroseisland.com

T: 242-357-4887

maiden20 - Does the boat to Rose Island drop you at a dock or do you have to wade in to shore? I'm interested in doing this on our next trip but one person with us would not be able to do a boat ladder and wade or swim to shore.

Thanks

PG294

you dont swim/wade to shore. the boat docks, and you walk through a little bit of more rugged terrain on the island - a wheelchair definitely wouldn't work. the day we were there, there was a woman in super high heels (:confused:) that i saw almost eat you-know-what several times.

i attached a picture of the dock setup

IMG_4195.jpg.8875c8294bde035b080ff70e8a6fa6dd.jpg

Archived