Help! Can't book my 5 year old for an excursion, can he still go?

Hi all,

I'm trying to book through CCL an excursion in Montego Bay for the whole family. It's the excursion:

Dolphin Encounter at Dolphin Cove and Doctors Cave Beach.

The cost of the excursion is $99 (YIKES) each for both adults and children, however the excursion says its only for ages 6 and up. The problem is our youngest son is 5 years old. So I can't book him through Carnival.

The catch to this is, that I've been to the Dolphin Cove web site and it says that kids under 6 are FREE admission and can participate in the Dolphin Touch attraction with a paid adult admission at no cost.

I just want to be sure that if I book this excursion for my me, my wife and our older son. We aren't going to get turned away at the transportation bus as my youngest doesn't have a ticket.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Craig

P.S. On a good note, I've found a promo code that will take 10%. Every little bit helps.

If CCL will not allow you to book it through them they will not let you take him even though the company says you can. The cost that they charge you includes the transportation that they pay for and since you did not pay for his share of transportation there will not be a seat for him.

In this situation, I would book directly with the company. If you can't, then call the company and see if you can book with CCL but pay for your own transportation so you can bring him...

I'm sure if you go to guest services or the excursion desk once you are on board, they will charge you a small amount for the transportation for your child. I saw a similar situation that someone asked on (I think) John Heald's FB page, where a woman wanted to do a dolphin encounter, and wanted her DH to come with and watch. The reply was to go to guest services on board, and the DH would simply be charged a small amount for the transpo, but he could definitely come and watch her. I'm sure the same will apply to your child.

Have a great trip.:)

I talked to Carnival on the phone. Everything is ok. He can go along since he is free and under the age requirement. I'll still stop by the excursion desk on the ship to see if we have to pay any additional for transportation.

You can just go to your dolphin swim no need to stop at excursion desk. We just did the dolphin swim on our cruise in Coz. Mx. with two year old that were free. Showed up at meeting place for transportion and everything was fine. I was a little worry before hand and called Carnival also they had me send and e-mail the excursion dept. who did answer all my questions. Don't remeber the web address.

Archived