Would you put your 18 month old in a crib?

Prinycesa07

Curious as to your opinion. We're cruising in October and my baby will be 18 months then. Would you put him in the crib or use the couch that turns into a bed. My daughter will be almost 3 at that time and will be sleeping on the couch bed. So they will either share that bed (it pulls into a twin bed) or he will go in the crib. What would you do?

Also, does anyone know if the cribs on carnival are mini cribs or pack and plays? Or have a pic? I cruised when DD was 10 months on Norwegian and she was in a mini crib. Im not even sure if he would be too big for that by then.

One cruise it was a pack n play and the next cruise it was a small metal crib. DD was two and she fit fine in it. This year she is 3 and we are bringing a toddler inflatable bed ( http://www.amazon.com/The-Shrunks-Tuckaire-Toddler-Inflatable/dp/B001EQ66WK ). The reason we are bringing the inflatable bed is because DS will be in the couch bed. The suite also has an upper bunk but if we put him in that DD would want to climb the ladder all the time and be up there on the upper bed. :eek:

Personally, with the boat rocking occasionally, I would use the crib at that age; esp if the 18 month old usually sleeps in a crib (keep it as close to normal sleeping situation as possible).

Okay, you girls confirmed my thought. I'll request a crib. At first i thought they would be fine to sleep together but now im realizing how much my 2 year old moves at night. Im pretty sure she would wind up sleeping on him and they would keep waking each other up.

Okay, you girls confirmed my thought. I'll request a crib. At first i thought they would be fine to sleep together but now im realizing how much my 2 year old moves at night. Im pretty sure she would wind up sleeping on him and they would keep waking each other up.

If you change your mind on the cruise you can always ask the room steward to take it out of the room. :)

We always brought a blanket from home to make it seem more homey for DD.

When my kids were little we requested a crib mattress and the kids "camped" on the floor and LOVED IT. It was fun for them and I liked the arrangement. Other times we used the sofa, but the cribs are small and take up too much space (permanently), while the mattress was easy to move onto a bed when not in use.

We used the metal crib with our son who at the time was 17 months old on our last Carnival cruise, we were on the Dream. The crib was a little annoying but with nap, etc. it was just much easier having a crib then trying to get him to sleep on the couch. If your concern is will your child fit, I'm sure he'll be fine. :)

Great, thanks girls! Yes i was worried if the crib would be small. Hes a big boy. We took DD when she was 10 months (and shes small, always in the 15th percentile for height) and i thought the travel crib was a bit small (on Norwegian).

One more question, i emailed our travel agent and requested a crib and she said that i request that from the room steward when we board. Is that true?

My dd was 28lbs and she fit fine in the crib (pic of her on that cruise attached). It was small but worked fine.

Carnival rep should reserve a crib for anyone under two (over two you can still get one but they won't reserve in advance). I know this because they let us reserve one when dd cruised at a yr but not at two yrs (though they did have one when we asked on ship).

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337629512.763539.jpg.639fb316e0df4ebd2bd5a9145ccdd3ef.jpg

Curious as to your opinion. We're cruising in October and my baby will be 18 months then. Would you put him in the crib or use the couch that turns into a bed. My daughter will be almost 3 at that time and will be sleeping on the couch bed. So they will either share that bed (it pulls into a twin bed) or he will go in the crib. What would you do?

Also, does anyone know if the cribs on carnival are mini cribs or pack and plays? Or have a pic? I cruised when DD was 10 months on Norwegian and she was in a mini crib. Im not even sure if he would be too big for that by then.

1. Our 2 year old slept in Carnival's Crib.

2. On the Pride they have cribs (I say that because in theory they could have something else on a different ship) - I have a photo, but it would take a miracle to find it & a second one to figure out how to post it here.

3. They have height restrictions - so if you have a tall toddler... (I guess that might mean that what they have are what you call a mini-crib.)

Crib! I think you and the little one would be more comfortable. It would be more peace of mind for sure. My baby is 18 months old now and is into everything. I would hate to think of what it would be if he woke in the middle of the night and started "exploring" Good luck!!

Crib it is my friends! I was just thinking it would take up less space if they slept together. But i'd rather have the piece of mind than the space. And we are getting a balcony room for the first time so hopefully it wont feel as cramped as our inside room felt on norwegian last time with a crib.

We are going to have the same dilemma when we cruise next February. Will have a 3 year old and a 16 month old. The younger will definitely still be in a crib at home, but I'm going to be flexible on the cruise. If he wants to sleep with his brother on the sofa bed, fine. If he wants to be in our bed (which I DO NOT allow at home unless sick), fine. If he wants the crib, fine. I think just get a crib but be prepared that your child may want something different when the time comes.

We are going to have the same dilemma when we cruise next February. Will have a 3 year old and a 16 month old. The younger will definitely still be in a crib at home, but I'm going to be flexible on the cruise. If he wants to sleep with his brother on the sofa bed, fine. If he wants to be in our bed (which I DO NOT allow at home unless sick), fine. If he wants the crib, fine. I think just get a crib but be prepared that your child may want something different when the time comes.

This is EXACTLY my plan. I'll get it and try to put him in the crib at first, if he wants to sleep with his sister, no problem. And yes i'll even let them both sleep with us if they must (at least until they fall asleep ;)

Archived