Carnival 4/24 Brief review

Good morning all!

Just now finally settled down to write a little about the Miracle 4/24....she's been getting a bum rap right now due to the debarkation nightmare, but there was nothing we could do about that.

First off, she is a beautiful ship! Loved every minute.

Carlo...the cruise director, is great. He is not cheesy, he is not stand offish...he was wonderful! Hubby and I took two dance classes with him and that was soooo much fun!

Our room steward, Errol, was FANTABULOUS! Loved him! We were on Riviera in an inside room....it was sooo quiet, so convenient to everything, it was great!

Our dining room experience was fun! We lucked out and received a table for two on the top tier and had a great view of other CC members as they were eating dinner...hello IndianaGal and Kokotori! :) Our wait staff was soooo wonderfuL! Tantiana and Jana were great...we will miss them!

The ports were nice...Grand Cayman was swim with the stingrays and snorkel with Captain Bryans. Great crew, great sailing, great experience! Had no problems getting off the ship to tender in, made it back in plenty of time, and was very grateful I was not on the Princess cruise where all the folks were standing in long hot lines... There is a long winded review over on the Grand Cayman board if you want to read more.

Costa Maya, a little scary at first when they trucked us into Mahahual. Beautiful beach, great service at Tappas, great food, and a nice day in all! Used the internet service back at the port shopping area, shopped around a bit, and headed back to the boat.

Cozumel...went to Paradise Beach...awesome! Hubby and I lucked out and landed two hammocks next to each other, pulled a table over and just relaxed. Our waiter, Freddy, kept the food going and the drinks flowing! Thank you! Took a cab back to downtown, did some browsing, and then back to the port. By that point it was so hot, I couldn't take it anymore.

Belize...how beautiful! We booked through the ship to go to Xunantunich and that was great. There is a long winded review over on the Belize board if you want more info.

Sea Days were fun, lots of activities or just lounging by the pool. The Orpheus pool is not for kids, it is adults only. The sign is quite confusing, as you have to climb to another deck for the childrens pool from there....lots of confused folks the first day or so...

Never had problems finding lounge chairs...went up to the Sun deck and there were plenty there and it was nice and quiet.

Food on Lido was pretty good, the room service was prompt and friendly. Nick and Noras is soooo great! Loved it! Well worth it.

Debarkation was a mess, but what can you do...we had lots of 'oh crap' circumstances happening at one time there.

The capers that were posted on here before are not the capers that they are using now. There is no pub crawl now...:( It is an "around the world" and only goes to two bars and then the night club. There is no Mardi Gras either.

The Mad Hatters lounge is not the place for the comedian on the first night...the place was packed to the hilt with standing room only!

Met lots of great folks and have many many great memories. She's a great sailing and we had a ball!

Stef

Hey, Thanks for the great review. Sorry to hear about the pub crawl. My Mom and I were really excited about that. She's in her 50's and I am 34, I think it would have been great. Hey, did they have any 60's or 70's music on the ship. I took my Mom to the disco on the Granduer and she didn't have much fun. She didn't know any of the songs. I think she would have a better time if she did. Thanks for taking the time. Take Care!!

Hey, Thanks for the great review. Sorry to hear about the pub crawl. My Mom and I were really excited about that. She's in her 50's and I am 34, I think it would have been great. Hey, did they have any 60's or 70's music on the ship. I took my Mom to the disco on the Granduer and she didn't have much fun. She didn't know any of the songs. I think she would have a better time if she did. Thanks for taking the time. Take Care!!

They did...it was in Frankie and Johnnies...the band was really good too!

It was a great time! Loved it all!

Stef

Great review Stef.... 61 days and counting!

PS - what night did you do N&N's? Would you do the same night or a different one? I hoping to convince DH we need to do this (without the kids!)

PS - what night did you do N&N's? Would you do the same night or a different one? I hoping to convince DH we need to do this (without the kids!)
Hate to jump in here, but we did Nick & Nora's on Friday night (Belize day and second formal night).. The second floor of the supper club was empty, so I'm guessing that may be a slow night, as it's also the 'Ticket to Ride' show, which we missed due to our 730 reservation!

Was a wonderful experience.. do it again in a heartbeat!

Hate to jump in here, but we did Nick & Nora's on Friday night (Belize day and second formal night).. The second floor of the supper club was empty, so I'm guessing that may be a slow night, as it's also the 'Ticket to Ride' show, which we missed due to our 730 reservation!

Was a wonderful experience.. do it again in a heartbeat!

The second floor was not seated during any of the nights...they haven't opened that part yet...we tried to get a table up there and Zsa Zsa said they wouldn't be seating anyone up there...

Otherwise it was full...:)

Great review Stef.... 61 days and counting!

\\

We scheduled it on Wednesday night, didn't really miss any shows that evening, the food was fantastic, and highly recommended. It was such a nice experience! We both had the 24 oz porterhouse, and I am embarrassed, (ok, not really,) to say, that I ate every bite of it! It was so good I couldn't stop!

Wednesday seemed to be a popular day, so if you want to book it, head straight up there when you get on board and make your reservation.

Stef

Is that the Costa Maya day? That's the day I was thinking about!

Does anyone know if I make reservations, and then we decide NOT to go (ok... DH decides not to go) would we still be charged? I would hate to take up a reservation that someone else could use, but if I wait for DH to decide IF we should go.... it will be that night... maybe around 4pm, and I can guarantee I won't get a 7:30 reservation then.

Is that the Costa Maya day? That's the day I was thinking about!

Does anyone know if I make reservations, and then we decide NOT to go (ok... DH decides not to go) would we still be charged? I would hate to take up a reservation that someone else could use, but if I wait for DH to decide IF we should go.... it will be that night... maybe around 4pm, and I can guarantee I won't get a 7:30 reservation then.

'

I honetly couldn't tell you what their cancellation policy is...just tell him he can have a 24oz Porterhouse for $25 with all the trimmings...that should do it. It was soooo goood!

That is the Costa Maya day, and it seemed to a perfect night to do it.

You'll love it! Book early, and ask Zsa Zsa any questions. She is the hostess supreme up there...loved her!

Stef

well was also on this cruise and ate at N&N on Tues and it is well worth it. Great ship and wonderful and polite staff( wish I was back on it now). Snorkeled in belize and it was great.

you didn't come to our CC Group get together! We missed you!

Glad you had a great time!

Stef

After this review i don't know how I will manage to wait the next 39 days. Thanks for the great review and for taking the time to share it with us.

Dot

Tankersbabe:

What was the situation in Belize? Did you feel safe or were you glad to return to the ship? We have been to many many islands and I have never run across this situation.I will go read your review of your Belize excursion.

Dot

Tankersbabe:

What was the situation in Belize? Did you feel safe or were you glad to return to the ship? We have been to many many islands and I have never run across this situation.I will go read your review of your Belize excursion.

Dot

Felt quite safe in Belize...we went with the Xunantunich tour through Carnival and our guides were Awesome, the ruins were Awesome, it was just great. They dropped us back off at the pier about thirty minutes before the last tender, we picked up a few trinkets and headed back to the ship. It is a gorgeous country and I would suggest a tour to explore further in away from the city, that way you get to see some really neat stuff.

Loved Belize and would love to go back!

Stef

I'm with you Dot...a little nervous about the situation in Belize. We are so looking forward to diving there but our girls wanted to do the canopy tour. I guess if you book with the ship you are okay.

Glad to hear you had a good time but then why not you were on a ship and cruising after all. With regard to debarking the ship it's amazing how so many hang on to one thing and let it ruin everything for them. It reminds me of all the people that were never going to cruise Carnival again because the carpets on Triumph were stained. Never mind that they were clean. Oh well that's life I guess. Once again glad you enjoyed.

I'm with you Dot...a little nervous about the situation in Belize. We are so looking forward to diving there but our girls wanted to do the canopy tour. I guess if you book with the ship you are okay.

If you want to do the Canopy tour, book NOW! It sold out before the ship sailed. They don't take very many people on it. The folks I talked to loved it.

I would book with the ship just to be on the safe side. There is so much to do and the area is soooo big. It's really very beautiful once you get past the city.

Stef

I can't find the details on what happened on your debark? Give us some details please!

We were part of the Miracle group that was delayed getting into port on 5/1 by weather, the failure of a few people to settle their S&S bill, and the guy who didn't complete immigration paperwork and they kept screaming for him over the intercom...I know his name and his cabin number...believe me, I think a few were tempted to go find him. The weather and port traffic were the main problems, but it happens...life goes on.

Debarkation was a mess, but the sailing, the whole week was wonderful! LOVED EVERY MINUTE! Even waiting to debark was interesting...

Stef

We've had this happen many times, those last few that get called over and over the loudspeaker all over the ship EXCEPT in their rooms. That's right they are in their rooms with TV blasting away without a care in the world that they are holding up the entire ship. Several times after the 4th call I will pick up my phone and call that room and say "This is the purser front desk, you need to come down to see us immeaditaly." Now if I can call their room why can't the front desk call them the first time? Also many times it is foreign guest that don't understand the annoucement. In those cases I go down to their rooms and knock on the door and their they are. Now if I can knock on their door why can't the front desk send someone to track these people down? This really needs to be handled the last night anyway. They have to go to bed sometime.

Archived