Bahama's & criminal activity

ladybug1s

The U.S. State Department's 2012 "Crime and Safety Report" has labeled New Providence island's (including Nassau) criminal threat level as "critical" with Grand Bahama's island's (including Freeport) level as "high." Wow! I was going to go there, but makes me wonder. Any one have any bad experiences, just was reading Jim Walkers blog on my twitter.

The U.S. State Department's 2012 "Crime and Safety Report" has labeled New Providence island's (including Nassau) criminal threat level as "critical" with Grand Bahama's island's (including Freeport) level as "high." Wow! I was going to go there, but makes me wonder. Any one have any bad experiences, just was reading Jim Walkers blog on my twitter.

Coming from Philadelphia I will take my chances, it's sucks but normally all poverty areas are normally higher in crime. Just be careful. I think the worst that has happened to me is people really being pushy trying to sell you anything, and when people beg for money. But I never once felt threaten.

I felt that way mostly on all the islands, people trying to sell and asking for cigs. etc.. That part don't bother me, they are poor and I expect that, I just worry because they say rape is the highest there than anywhere else & mostly from people on cruise ships I have a 16 year old but most of the times in question young girls are drinking in bars.

Archived