Celebrity Millenium - Atlantis SE Asia Cruise

sfgoguy

10 days 'til we head out to Singapore - can't wait! Have broken out the summer clothes and divided into the laundry pile & dry cleaning pile. Of course, will have to do a little shopping (just because). Thank god Cathay Pacific has a 70lbs baggage allowance for F class passengers (and yes, my nickname is Steamer Trunk Mary).

Looking forward to seeing everyone aboard!

Had no trouble getting the ones I wanted. Purposely left a few ports without excursions to see what "mood" I'm in at the time.

Disappointed that I could not pre-purchase the Drink Discount Cards. :( Hope we can get them upon boarding.

Flying to Cambodia (Siem Reap/Angkor Wat) this Sunday and then on to SIN on 3/29. See you folks onboard, if not sooner.

Cheers! :p

Had no trouble getting the ones I wanted. Purposely left a few ports without excursions to see what "mood" I'm in at the time.

Disappointed that I could not pre-purchase the Drink Discount Cards. :( Hope we can get them upon boarding.

Flying to Cambodia (Siem Reap/Angkor Wat) this Sunday and then on to SIN on 3/29. See you folks onboard, if not sooner.

Cheers! :p

Safe travels and have a great time exploring Angkor Wat. See ya onboard.

Have a blast guys! The crew are eagerly awaiting your arrival! Just got off the last Northbound run before the charter and they're all abuzz about you folks getting on. :D

It's truly a trip of a lifetime... enjoy and to the people going to Angkor in Cambodia... it's WELL worth it! :)

Have a blast guys! The crew are eagerly awaiting your arrival! Just got off the last Northbound run before the charter and they're all abuzz about you folks getting on. :D

It's truly a trip of a lifetime... enjoy and to the people going to Angkor in Cambodia... it's WELL worth it! :)

Thanks for the heads up & leaving the ship in one piece for us! We always have a great time chatting with the crew - they really do enjoy having us onboard. Our last trip to the Baltics, the spa staff were cracking up about how busy they are on the Atlantis trip versus their other sailings.

Thanks for the heads up & leaving the ship in one piece for us! We always have a great time chatting with the crew - they really do enjoy having us onboard. Our last trip to the Baltics, the spa staff were cracking up about how busy they are on the Atlantis trip versus their other sailings.

A couple of tips for you guys... avoid, if possible, the forward elevators. If you're going to use them then avoid the front center elevtaor. It's possessed by demons or something. It generally gets stuck between Decks 9 and Deck 10. The only elevators which seemed to work without issue during our voyage were the ones in the aft section of the ship. Best bet: TAKE THE STAIRS! Nobody has time for being stuck in an elevator and for going on a journey through the decks, usually in the wrong direction!

In the overnight Bangkok, if you stay on the ship... expect a ghost town! On our sailing it was the MOST people staying off the ship they'd had since they started in the region. Dinner service was insanely fast... the fastest of the whole trip! I wish it had stayed like that!! :)

In Halong Bay, if it's sunny when you arrive into the bay and you're booked on a JUNK tour through the ship or on your own vs going to Hanoi... go to Hanoi. The junk cruise is nice but I felt like a waste of time since it was sunny when we came through the limestone rock formations. Hanoi is a haul but you can sleep and when you get there it's worth it! :D

Using the ship's tour company... Destination Asia is incredible!

Also, please whatever you do the younger tour guides which most of them are... don't really want to talk about Vietnam's past history and war but rather the country's future. On one bus tour we had a guy who was quite persistent in the questions to the guide and it made him uncomfortable. We have to remember this country is still Communist and he could be jailed or killed for speaking his true mind, especially if it's recorded and winds up on the internet. They have families so please keep that in mind too!

Hope all these suggestions help and you guys have a fantastic trip! :D

I have a question for some of you people that have cruised Atlantis before. If you hold like Elite status with either Celebrity or RCCL do you still get those benes from the cruise even tho Atlantis takes over the ship like the afternoon free cocktail reception and snacks. Thanks Sterling

Archived