Sheraton Resort Nassau

SlingBlade

We are a large group (19) traveling to Nassau in Jan 1213. About 12 of us are looking for a nice beach. Scubagirl gives great info about the Sheraton. I have a few questions. Do we take a taxi to the Sheraton? Cost of taxi? Will be turned away cause there is too many of us in one party? Do we just walk inside, go to the counter & ask for a day pass? Im sorry but i just need details. Thanks!:confused:

We are a large group (19) traveling to Nassau in Jan 1213. About 12 of us are looking for a nice beach. Scubagirl gives great info about the Sheraton. I have a few questions. Do we take a taxi to the Sheraton? Cost of taxi? Will be turned away cause there is too many of us in one party? Do we just walk inside, go to the counter & ask for a day pass? Im sorry but i just need details. Thanks!:confused:

i think in January you shouldn't have a problem with a large group.. (unless you're a group of rowdy drunks...lol).. the best way to get there is by #10 jitney.. you can pick one up on George street.. across from the straw market. It's $1.25pp

Cab will cost you $15 for 2 ppl. Plus $3 for ea add'l person per car.. and you'd need at least 2 vans.. so that can add up.

Just go to the front desk and ask for day passes.

Keep in mind that the resort and it's surroundings are under a major restructuriing. Don't know what phase the sheraton beach will be in by next january.. so come back as the time gets closer and see what's up.

The reno is not due to be completed until 2014. www.bahamar.com

• 2 weeks later...

Scubagirl,

I noticed your comment on the construction work going on. We will be in Nassau on Sunday June 10th and planned to get the Sharaton Day pass so we could enjoy Cable Beach with the amenities of a hotel for the day. How bad is the construction now?

Thanks.

Scubagirl,

I noticed your comment on the construction work going on. We will be in Nassau on Sunday June 10th and planned to get the Sharaton Day pass so we could enjoy Cable Beach with the amenities of a hotel for the day. How bad is the construction now?

Thanks.

you shouldn't have a problem for another year or so.

just returned from cruise and went to the Sheraton on the # 10 Jitney. Had a little trouble finding the ride stop. When we got to Sheraton did not see anyone to pay so just walked down to the water and deceided it was not worth the $ 25.00 per person so went back to town. 2 of my family went over to the Public beach on Paradise Island and liked that. Taxi ride about $4'00

Archived