Celebrity Solstice 26 Oct Barcelona - Dubai

Doonan

Yes! David, Jason, Tommy, Stuart (uk), Tim and Mikko (Sydney).

Really looking forward to that trip, should be fantastic!

Great Guys .... see you at FOD meet ... we are also from Sydney.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys. Keith here from Michigan, USA, I will be traveling with my friend Paul. We are not a coulple but good friends. I look forward to meeting everyone. I wish I had the time off to go through to Sydney like some of you but work sometimes gets in the way of my life. I am just sitting here wasting time in Hong Kong.

Don and I are also on this cruise and looking forward to it. We've never been to this part of the world (I want a camel ride). Anyone looked at shore excursions not offered by the ship? We've had great luck with them on other cruises. Our only hesitation has been longer day trips and the chance of not getting back to the ship by departure time. The companies I've looked at all have good reputations and reviews by other cruisers and the prices are generally about 50% of the cruise line price as well as being smaller groups. Any interest and I'll do more research.

Tom

Hi Guys ... That's great so we have 12 for our meets.

We are doing a private tour in Alexandria ... have been to Cairo on previous trips. Sagara a private two day tour staying over in Luxor.

Jordan a private full day tour with both Petra and Wadi Rum.

Dubai will use the Hop On Off Bus.

We leave for Europe in 90 odd days so getting closer.

Neil & Carlos

• 2 weeks later...

Paul and I did some debating about tours and thus far will be doing the ships tour of Petra then breaking away from the group to do our own time before rejoining them for the ride back to the ship. A tad worried about the time element getting back. Then we joined a private tour for Memphis,Luxor our first day in Alexandria. I have been to Cairo and Alexandria a few times before so I wanted to see a bit of something different.

Paul and I did some debating about tours and thus far will be doing the ships tour of Petra then breaking away from the group to do our own time before rejoining them for the ride back to the ship. A tad worried about the time element getting back. Then we joined a private tour for Memphis,Luxor our first day in Alexandria. I have been to Cairo and Alexandria a few times before so I wanted to see a bit of something different.

We have been to Cairo a number of times so have arranges. Day 1. A private tour of Alexandria and Day 2 Free to explore on our own.

Safaga we have arranged a private two day tour to Luxor etc ... it does a lot more than the ships tour and will be very busy ... added Valley of the Lords, Luxor Museum, Sound & Light and other.

Petra we have a private tour with Petra and Wadi 4 wheel drive ... again will be a busy days ... I will be keeping any eye on the time on this,

Dubai looks like we will use the Hop On Hop Off Bus and not worry about Lunch or Dinner on the ship.

The tour in Safaga and Petra I have kept to just Carlos and I ... this way we can make the most of things and control the time with our guide.

W are are not shoppers but I do want to get a few of the robes they wear (sorry do not know name) as they are great around the house in summer ... though I don't wear them out.

Busy planning Europe at the moment as we will be in France before the trip with a car.

This is going to be an interesting cruise and will have time to also enjoy the ship with the sea days.

Carlos & Neil

Carlos and Neil:

Is there any room on your 2 day tour to Luxor? I've been trying to decide what to book and this sounds perfect. The ships tour prices are crazy.

Tom (tlarson2@verizon.net)

Hello Tom

I have sent you the details by email egarding ther tour

Neil

• 3 weeks later...

Hi this is Ed and my partner Charles from Palm Beach Florida. We are very excited about the back to back cruise on the Solstice in October 2012. This will be our first cruise on the Solstice which we have heard so many glowing reviews. Looking forward to meeting new friends. We are spending several nights in Barcelona before the cruise and we will be spending several nights in Dubai after the cruise.

Hi this is Ed and my partner Charles from Palm Beach Florida. We are very excited about the back to back cruise on the Solstice in October 2012. This will be our first cruise on the Solstice which we have heard so many glowing reviews. Looking forward to meeting new friends. We are spending several nights in Barcelona before the cruise and we will be spending several nights in Dubai after the cruise.

Hello Guys ... Welcome. We have been on the Solstice before and sure you will like her. We now have two friends joining us on the cruise from Sydney.

Our number is growing ... should be fun.

Neil @ Carlos

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys ... It's now less than 50 days and we leave Sydney for UK and France then to Barcelona and the Solstice to Sydney.

This will bring us back to the top of the roll ... can't wait to be on the ship, relaxing, Martini Bar and FOD meets.

Its going to be busy as we have private tours arranged in Alexandria, Safara and to Petra .... think will need the sea days to get over all the walking.

We look forward to meeting you on board.

Carlos & Neil

Hey guys, we are not on this cruise, I just want to give you a heads up about the FOD meetings.

We did the Solstice TA to barcelona this spring & the FOD meeting for the 1st night was in the Martini Lounge. Even though that is a wonderful space, it was not very effective for the group, next night, it was in Michael's pub, much better. The ship offers both spaces, see which works for you.

Enjoy your cruise, we loved the Solstice, sailing her across the Pacific to Sydney fall of 2013.

Hey guys, we are not on this cruise, I just want to give you a heads up about the FOD meetings.

We did the Solstice TA to barcelona this spring & the FOD meeting for the 1st night was in the Martini Lounge. Even though that is a wonderful space, it was not very effective for the group, next night, it was in Michael's pub, much better. The ship offers both spaces, see which works for you.

Enjoy your cruise, we loved the Solstice, sailing her across the Pacific to Sydney fall of 2013.

Interesting .... we did two cruises with Solstice last vear. The first as you said was the Martini Bar (Great Place) but did not work for FOD as too crowded and could net get seats together. The second was in the Sky Lounge which was great as we were a big group and had lots of space and seats to sit around. and chat.

Whatever sure we will have a great time

Neil

Durning the TA, the sky lounge was used for "elite" cocktail hour.

Guess it must depend on the number of Elite on board ... as Elite was in Michael's on our past two trips on Solstice ... no matter which it will be on the board.

Neil

• 1 month later...
Sorry yes I was looking for the straight thread....sorry Mike

You have found us! Welcome to Cruise Critic. I'll add you to the roll call in the next couple of days. We've been to Tauranga. You have a beautiful and most interesting country. Hope to meet you on board.

Hi Guys .... This is our last post as we are about to set off on our travels ... flying to UK/Europe then to Barcelona for the Solstice on the 26th Oct.

Hope you all have save travels to Barcelona and look forward to meeting at the FOD on the ship.

Neil & Carlos

Archived