Celebrity Solstice Nov 11 2012 Dubai - Singapore

Doonan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Neil & Carlos, yes my partner Phil and myself will be joining this cruise in Dubai.

First time on Celebrity and also first time to any of these ports, so looking forward to it. Just been browsing through these forums and the many comments about the value - or otherwise - of roll calls is making me smile.

Anyway, hope we catch up at the FoD meetings, if you have any useful tips about excursions (or about the Solstice) be good to hear...

cheers, Andy & Phil

Hi Neil & Carlos, yes my partner Phil and myself will be joining this cruise in Dubai.

First time on Celebrity and also first time to any of these ports, so looking forward to it. Just been browsing through these forums and the many comments about the value - or otherwise - of roll calls is making me smile.

Anyway, hope we catch up at the FoD meetings, if you have any useful tips about excursions (or about the Solstice) be good to hear...

cheers, Andy & Phil

Hello Andy & Phil ... great sp we have the start of a FOD meet. We have been on Celebrity a number of times and Solstice last year ... its a great ship.

They will put up details of the FOD Meet on the notice board by receiption area ... we will be sure to attend. I am can also guarantee we will be visiting the Martini Bar ... in the centre of the ship and great place to start an evening.

Waiting on the ship to put it's sightseeing on the web, before making any decisions. Let you know our ideas when they get them online.

Neil of Carlos & Neil

marvellous, heard a lot about the ship from friends, and about the Martini bar, but that's not the only reason we're going, honest.

Be good to share info on excursions if and when they appear, I have been looking at some independent trips too to get some comparison underway, so hopefully Celebrity will post the info soon.

Looks like there is some info available via the main roll call also...

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings from San Diego everyone! My partner and I are very much looking forward to joining you all on this incredible voyage. In addition to the two of us from San Diego will be three good friends from London. So hopefully there will be a good crowd for the FOD gatherings.

Cheers!

Michael

• 1 month later...
hi everyone, any word yet on excurions?

Happy to have a chat about private trips if anyone has any ideas ?

cheers Andy

Hello Andy

We are also waiting on the ships tours ... have a few ideas but want to see what they will offer.

Will keeep you posted.

Neil

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys ... It's now less than 50 days and we leave Sydney for UK and France then to Barcelona and the Solstice to Sydney.

This will bring us back to the top of the roll ... can't wait to be on the ship, relaxing, Martini Bar and FOD meets.

Along the way in Muscat we have a private tour, Cochin will take the ships tour to the waterways and a beach resort for lunch, Port Dickson will use the ships shuttle in to Kuala Lumpur then be on our own. Due to work I have been to Kuala Lumpur and Singapore more times than I can remember.

We look forward to meeting you on board.

Carlos & Neil

• 4 weeks later...
Hi,

i will be onboard BCN-DXB with alfred and then DXB-SIN with my partner ralf.

we are both seasonded cruisers.

looking forward to meeting you all at martini bar.

ulrich

Hello ... see you guys soon .... like the idea of the Martini Bar ... Neil & Carlos

Hi Guys ... It's now less than 50 days and we leave Sydney for UK and France then to Barcelona and the Solstice to Sydney.

This will bring us back to the top of the roll ... can't wait to be on the ship, relaxing, Martini Bar and FOD meets.

Along the way in Muscat we have a private tour, Cochin will take the ships tour to the waterways and a beach resort for lunch, Port Dickson will use the ships shuttle in to Kuala Lumpur then be on our own. Due to work I have been to Kuala Lumpur and Singapore more times than I can remember.

We look forward to meeting you on board.

Carlos & Neil

Hey there guys can't seem to get my head around planning shore trips, getting close and the man is without a plan. Normaly take private tours this time round looks like ship tours is going to be the way to go.

Have changed staterooms three times location location location reprint docs visa appl forms incorrect redo etc etc when is one supposed to find time to read the posts here. mmmmmm

Do you have a contact for Muscat tour ? :o Will have to take time to look at Kochi as this port interests me most.

KL, looks like ship transfer best deal to get a glimpse of the metropole, flying up to Ipoh after the cruise for a week so will have time then to absorb Malay culture, cuisine et al.

F & I

Hey there guys can't seem to get my head around planning shore trips, getting close and the man is without a plan. Normaly take private tours this time round looks like ship tours is going to be the way to go.

Have changed staterooms three times location location location reprint docs visa appl forms incorrect redo etc etc when is one supposed to find time to read the posts here. mmmmmm

Do you have a contact for Muscat tour ? :o Will have to take time to look at Kochi as this port interests me most.

KL, looks like ship transfer best deal to get a glimpse of the metropole, flying up to Ipoh after the cruise for a week so will have time then to absorb Malay culture, cuisine et al.

F & I

Hello. I am pleased to say have finalised all my planning. Then again we are getting on in Barcelona and in fact leave for UK & France next week ... so had to be organised.

Muscat I have booked with ... http://www.gulfleisure.com/sightseeing.htm

If you use them they have this tour but when confirmed it was a little different. I told them I wanted the one above and no problem. After the tour we are seeing people as my friend knows people living in Muscat.

Cochin I took a long time on this as wanted to go to the canals. I looked at some private tours but they were a long time on the boat and the food was cooked on the boat (not sure about that). In the end I am going to use the ships tour that end at a beach resort for lunch, and can have a swim from the beach ... they have two and its the more expensive one but sounds nice. The next day we are going to be up early and explore the town on our own before sailing.

KL I know and will use the ships transfer with free time. I like Malaysia and have been to many parts but no Ipoa.

See you at FOD

Neil & Carlos

Hello. I am pleased to say have finalised all my planning. Then again we are getting on in Barcelona and in fact leave for UK & France next week ... so had to be organised.

Muscat I have booked with ... http://www.gulfleisure.com/sightseeing.htm

If you use them they have this tour but when confirmed it was a little different. I told them I wanted the one above and no problem. After the tour we are seeing people as my friend knows people living in Muscat.

Cochin I took a long time on this as wanted to go to the canals. I looked at some private tours but they were a long time on the boat and the food was cooked on the boat (not sure about that). In the end I am going to use the ships tour that end at a beach resort for lunch, and can have a swim from the beach ... they have two and its the more expensive one but sounds nice. The next day we are going to be up early and explore the town on our own before sailing.

KL I know and will use the ships transfer with free time. I like Malaysia and have been to many parts but no Ipoa.

See you at FOD

Neil & Carlos

Thnx so much for the info

See you then on board

F&I:D:)

Hi Guys .... This is our last post as we are about to set off on our travels ... flying to UK/Europe then to Barcelona for the Solstice on the 26th Oct.

Hope you all have save travels to Dubai and look forward to meeting at the FOD on the ship.

Neil & Carlos

Good morning everyone! Well, we are in full planning mode for our upcoming voyage. My partner Edward and I look forward to meeting all of you at the Friends of Dorothy gatherings and elsewhere aboard Solstice. We will be joining three friends from the UK (and their mothers) as well. If you have not been aboard Solstice you are in for a treat as she is a wonderful ship!!

As for tours etc, we are going to do Dubai on our own as several in our group are familiar with the city. In Muscat we will likely take one of the ship's tours that include walking around Muscat, stopping by the Grand Mosque and the souk. For Cochin, we are looking at doing a backwaters tour of Kerala on a houseboat either overnight or for just a day trip. In Malaysia, we will likely do a tour that includes the Petronas Towers and shopping.

Ed and I really look forward to meeting everyone and wish you all safe travels in the coming month!

Cheers, Mike

With Doonan on his travels already the posts have gone slow, yes, this is just a revival of the thread to bring it up to the top again so we dont go unnoticed.

Lovely autumn day here in Austria need to get the garden sorted before we leave for Dubai in 3wks.:D

Well now have made small talk,time to go:rolleyes:eek:

F&I

With Doonan on his travels already the posts have gone slow, yes, this is just a revival of the thread to bring it up to the top again so we dont go unnoticed.

Lovely autumn day here in Austria need to get the garden sorted before we leave for Dubai in 3wks.:D

Well now have made small talk,time to go:rolleyes:eek:

F&I

Hi Guys, my partner Simon and I are gearing up for the cruise now. Good to hear all your comments and we look forward to seeing you all at FOD meetings.

Ian and Simon:)

Hi Guys, my partner Simon and I are gearing up for the cruise now. Good to hear all your comments and we look forward to seeing you all at FOD meetings.

Ian and Simon:)

Hey there Ian & Simon

Welcome to the boards!

Have you signed up for the "cruise connection do" on the roll call over on the other side? another venue to get to know the people on these boards or shall I say put names to faces.:eek:

Ian & Franz

Hey there Ian & Simon

Welcome to the boards!

Have you signed up for the "cruise connection do" on the roll call over on the other side? another venue to get to know the people on these boards or shall I say put names to faces.:eek:

Ian & Franz

Hi Ian & Franz,

Good to hear from you guys. Sorry, I am a novice at this, how do I go about signing up for the ''cruise connection'' do?

Ian:confused:

cheers, Andy & Phil

Hi Guys,

See you onboard

Ian & Simon:p

Hi Ian & Franz,

Good to hear from you guys. Sorry, I am a novice at this, how do I go about signing up for the ''cruise connection'' do?

Ian:confused:

Hey there

Login first

Go to Roll Calls on the main board

Click Celebrity Connections

Then find Solstice

Click on Solstice it opens all sailings,

Scroll to find our sailing " solstice November 11" click to open

Once open you may request to have your names added to the roll call by misscolina.

Then sign up for the connections party further up the left hand side of the page have your reservation number handy as you need to it to register.

Feel free to ask away and hope can help

:cool:Ian & Franz

Archived