Should have booked Saturday but didn't-Allure room questions

Unfortunately D1 8196 and D2 14614 that I was trying to decide between on Saturday are no longer available-booking for three-my choices today are D1 6200, D1 6602, or D4 7320. Price difference of $160 between D1 and D4. I am extremely sensitive to noise. Will noise from deck 5 be an issue? Does anyone know what that white space on the deck plan is across from 6200 next to the Schooner Bar? 6602 has rooms across from it but is an adjoining room and I am not fond of that door in between. I am also not sure what the white space there is next to the photo gallery (Focus). I unfortunately don't remember much about Deck 6 other than working out in the gym and riding the carousel-I have no clue what is between the two. Also not sure about what lies under 7320 next to the Aquatheater.

What I find weird is final payment was due May 22nd and rooms available today were not available yesterday or earlier. We typically book late but never this late. We are a party of five this time and the other room I am booking is an interior military guarantee (didn't realize DH who served in Vietnam had a DD 214). We had three D7's on 11 last year on the Oasis which was wonderful but our party of six is now a party of five and the single supplement is astronomical!

Any and all thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I'm sure if I am wrong someone here will correct me. The white spaces you see on deck plans are usually crew areas, back stage/behind the scenes areas of the ships such as food prep areas, storage/staging areas, etc. I don't know specifics on Allure/Oasis ships as I have yet to sail on them, but we've been right under the windjammer and around the corner from the night clubs on other ships and never heard a thing...but had a room real close to elevators/centrum on Radiance and could hear music from the bands/musicians in the lobby but very muted. They often did not play after 1030 pm or so, so It never kept us awake. The lul of ship movement makes me sleep like a baby, so I never hear anything...lol..

We were in 6610 and really liked it. I t is so conveniently located to most of the activities, yet you never heard anything. The white space is where the crew stores and sets up, but you never heard them either. I always wanted to be a little further up on a ship, but after the allure, I prefer the convenience. It is a distance to the Windjammer Cafe, but after I got my bearing straight, we never went to it.....too busy. An added bonus for us was Alex, our stateroom attendant. Our cabin was a D2. Though it was OK for the two of us, it can be a little tight, especially with the closet right next to the bed.

What I find weird is final payment was due May 22nd and rooms available today were not available yesterday or earlier. We typically book late but never this late. We are a party of five this time and the other room I am booking is an interior military guarantee (didn't realize DH who served in Vietnam had a DD 214). We had three D7's on 11 last year on the Oasis which was wonderful but our party of six is now a party of five and the single supplement is astronomical!

Any and all thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Some travel agents hold group space that is freed up after final payment which may provide with other rooms opening up after final, or people are just moving to a different cabin because of location and/or upgrades if prices are changing.

Lots of reasons why cabins open up after final.

sorry can't help with the cabin locations, saling on Allure for the first time in about 10 days!

Archived