Leaving in 2 days packing fun, DW left me half the suitcase to fill

Distilled1

Leaving Friday Morning to drive 7 hours to Tampa for our cruise. its my day off so I am going to pack today...

DW who is never organized has already packed a week ago and we have this real large suitcase it can hold 2 humans 4 foot tall with no issue! and I think ok I don't have a lot 5 shorts 2 pants 8-10 shirts underthings socks 1 flip flops 1water shoes 1 dress shoes board shorts toiletries, should be no issue for both our items to fit.

I get all my stuff rolled and ready and look at the suitcase there are more things on top of it not packed and then I look around there is another 4 outfits all laid out near by, open the case it is full. so I send her an email joking there is no room for my stuff she says yes she left half the suitcase for me, and has to move some things around and she thinks her shoes are taking up to much room (I see 12 pair so far) I look again and she sure did the lid side its 2" deep LOL

now none of this matters as we are driving and I can pack another case

but I thought it a funny story she left me half !

off in 2 days so ready to get away and smell the sea air and have a DoD :D

Leaving Friday Morning to drive 7 hours to Tampa for our cruise. its my day off so I am going to pack today...

DW who is never organized has already packed a week ago and we have this real large suitcase it can hold 2 humans 4 foot tall with no issue! and I think ok I don't have a lot 5 shorts 2 pants 8-10 shirts underthings socks 1 flip flops 1water shoes 1 dress shoes board shorts toiletries, should be no issue for both our items to fit.

I get all my stuff rolled and ready and look at the suitcase there are more things on top of it not packed and then I look around there is another 4 outfits all laid out near by, open the case it is full. so I send her an email joking there is no room for my stuff she says yes she left half the suitcase for me, and has to move some things around and she thinks her shoes are taking up to much room (I see 12 pair so far) I look again and she sure did the lid side its 2" deep LOL

now none of this matters as we are driving and I can pack another case

but I thought it a funny story she left me half !

off in 2 days so ready to get away and smell the sea air and have a DoD :D

WOMEN...GEESH....LOL...Have a great time

______

2994525w5ip75odra.gif

Since we drive to the port, and don't have to worry about pesky airline fees and restrictions, I quit worrying about how much we pack a long time ago. We have enough luggage for 10 people, so if I think I might want or need it.....it gets packed. :)

I have one of those HUGE suitcases....and fill it all the way up..all by myself. It's not so much about shoes, but all the other stuff one uses in the course of a week. The porter at the pier even commented during my last cruise how 'heavy' it was LOL :D .... I too drive so don't worry much about packing extra stuff.

Good luck though...I feel for ya :D

He wouldn't even need 1/2 the suitcase. He would bring underwear for each day, one swimsuit, shave kit, toothbrush, on pair of shorts, some shirts and thats pretty much it.

I would then have to pack his dress pants and dress shirt, flip flops that he always forgets and extra swimsuit and shorts.

The above portion "as he did not physically pack it" would come out of my space in the bag - apparently!:rolleyes:

PUNKINSDAD - Me too. Jeez.........................................I don't want to be in the middle of the ocean and say, "Oh, I wish I would have brought that". Better safe than sorry! :) I do admit, I wish I could travel lighter, but I know I can't. For me, it is impossible. :p

Archived