Salerno to Capri

Anguillafan

Has anyone done this trip? It appears that a ferry leaves Salerno for Capri at 8:40, but I'm struggling with the return.

There appears to be a return ferry at 4:25. I've found the arrival time in Salerno as anything from 6:30 to 7:00. Our departure is at 7:00, I assume all aboard at 6:30, so that ferry seems problematic, at best. I think someone posted, last year, that Royal Caribbean's excursion is done by charter and would suggest that Royal is not using that last ferry. There is a schedule from the summer of 2011 that has not been updated, but shows a 3:30 boat from Capri arriving in Salerno at 4:50. Does anyone know if that is running? It appears the 3:30 boat regularly goes to Amalfi, arriving at 4:30. I can't find a bus that fits the timetable of getting from Amalfi to Salerno. I'm thinking that what we need to do is plan on the 3:30 trip to Amalfi and then get car service from Amalfi to Salerno. Since there are four of us, and the excursion would be $480, I would think the car service would be cheaper (plus I'm not interested in the guided tour portion).

I'm just wondering if anyone else has figured out a better way to do this. Can anyone confirm that RCI is using a charter and is not using the last ferry back?

Lydia

Archived