Repeat Wardrobe?

MeAgain2222

I am embarking on my first cruise along with my mum. Im used to travelling and over the years ive got my packing down to what i consider a fine art. With the continuing restrictions placed on us by the airline, reducing luggage allowance and charging extortionate excesses I now pack only what i plan to wear.

Beach holidays are usually a cinch - few bikinis and sundresses for day and then dresses for the evenings. A cruise has been somewhat different considering what outfits I plan to where based on the location we will be in.

My mum is very new to travelling, and is of the generation where you could take anything you wanted and packing had no restrictions - she was shocked by how brutal i was over the amount of clothes she intented to take - there is just not enough nights on a 7 night cruise to wear 10 evening dresses. When i told her my packed case weight she was estatic that she would now be able to still take her extra dresses in my case.....

... at the end of the day I love my dresses and want to wear them as often as possible if I took to many id spend too long deciding whereas my mum doesnt dress up that often and loves to have all her outfits with her to choose from.

Wow! All this talk is making me seriously consider one of those nudist cruises.;)

Seriously, does anyone have an opinion on those compression packing cubes?

I say YES! to the plastic compression bags. For $10 at Walmart you get a large, medium, and small bag. The best part is if you need to rearrange bags, you can lift the entire bag. Just got back from 10 day cruise and land and we were able to pack for cooler weather, two sports coats, and a tux in the bags.

Archived