Veendam in a week. What can I expect?

Sigtau21

I am going on Veendam May 15 in Alaska. What can I expect? What kind of events might be scheduled? Wine tasting? Where can I find some Jazz music? What do you know about the Veendam? I want to hear about it!

Hey, I noticed your post has slipped away to the second page without any response.:rolleyes:

Did you search the HAL board for Veendam reviews, and get your questions answered? (There are several reviews of the ship posted in March and April.)

I haven't sailed on the Veendam, so I cannot offer any specific help.

We were on the Veendam from February 26th thru March 5th of this year, and will also be on the Alaska May 15th cruise. You can expect various activities during the day, although while sailing in the Caribbean, most of my days are spent sunning on the Lido deck. They did offer a wine tasting event on the second day, which my husband, brother, and myself attended. We enjoyed it very much and hope that they offer it again. We thoroughly enjoyed the "Production" shows in the evening. Hopefully we will be seeing three shows, "Broadway", "Party Gras" and "Up on the Roof", especially since they did not perform "Up on the Roof" when we were there in February. Instead they had a singer from Australia that was just "fair". There may be a magician and a comedian, as well. Feel free to come up and introduce yourself to the female and male lead singers in the "Production" shows. Likely you will get to meet my husband and me since they are my daughter and her fiance. Hope that you are excited as we are to be taking this cruise. We're coming from the Detroit, Michigan area, how about you? Bon Voyage!

Archived