When do you pay for Steakhouse?

Hi all,

I've made reservations for the 3rd evening of our 7 day cruise on the Conquest this July.

I have made reservations for 4. Although there are 4 people on our booking # (me, my wife and our kids). The other 2 on the reservation are for my inlaws who are also cruising with us and the plan is for the kiddo's to be in Camp Carnival at the time. Inlaws have their own booking #.

I made the reservation for all 4 of us as I wanted to guarantee that all of us would be sitting together at the same seating.

So my question is, when do you pay for Steakhouse dining? Before the meal? After the meal like receiving the check at any other restaurant. I'd like to know if I made this reservation will are 4 be on my account billed before we cruise, or will they be added to our S&S acccount? My inlaws are glad I made the reservation for all 4 of us, and they are happy to compensate us for their meal. We just aren't sure how the payment for the steakhouse for all 4 of us is going to work out as we've never done it before.

Any help on how one goes about paying for the steakhouse is greatly appreciated.

P.S. I've received a confirmation e-mail from Carnival that they have received our reservation for the time we have requested.

You will receive a bill at the end of the meal just like any other restaurant at home. I'm sure since you made the reservation, all 4 of you will be on your bill. I'm not sure about requesting that your in laws portion be placed on their S&S account; but I cannot see how that would be a problem. Ask when you first arrive. When you receive the bill, it is for the amount paid ($35.00 each) and gives you an opportunity to provide an extra tip if you wish. There should be no problem with the 4 of you being seated together - the Steakhouse is typically NOT busy at all.

Have fun and enjoy - the food and service in the Steakhouse are usually exceptional! :D

I am in the same situation as you..... Yesterday I called carnival and told them my concerns... I don't want all the charges on my bill since the reservations are in my name..... She talked with her supervisor and was told that when you are seated just let the waiter know that the check should be split and for everyone to give him your sign & sail cards...... If For some reason they don't get it right you can have it cleared up at guest service when you see the mistake on your account....... We sail in 4 days ...... Soooo excited!

Archived