Guarantee question

drk

We booked an inside guarantee(cat 12) for the July 4 Alaska sailing on the Infinity. I have found out in the Celebrity site that we have already been assigned a specific cabin (cat 9).

My question is...once Celebrity assigns a cabin for a guarantee reservation do they ever change them. Anyone have any experience out there on this?

We're happy to be on the ship and thrilled with our upgrade but curious.

Thanks.

Starward 03/91; Dreamward 04/94; Victory 04/01; Mercury 01/03; Imagination 05/03; Paradise 11/03; Legend 01/04; Infinity 07/04

We booked a guarantee, and once we were assigned a cabin it was a done deal. We ended up buying a upgrade before we left home. We could have upgraded at the pier for less money.

You're lucky that it was assigned so early. We had to wait until the last two weeks. I agree, once the cabin is assigned it's a done deal. We actually hated our cabin assignment. Celebrity was nice enough to change it for us since they didn't have to. That's the chance you take with a guarentee. Congratulations on getting a great cabin.

Zenith from Jacksonville
Feb. 13 05

Just an extra comment. Personally, I have never considered the upgrades a plus. We of course have never been offered an outside, versus an inside or a suite versus a veranda cabin. I just don't consider moving up a few decks a big perk. Actually after the rough ride on the Zenith I prefer the lower decks. We actually were on a lower deck and it was still tough going for a few days. I actually hightailed it out of bed because I was uncomfortable being alone in the cabin. I'm not sure why the cruiselines think the higher the deck the more we will feel appreciated but if you notice on the newer ships the Penthouse suites are on the lower decks.

Zenith from Jacksonville
Feb. 13 05

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by drk:

My question is...once Celebrity assigns a cabin for a guarantee reservation do they ever change them.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can it happen? Sure. Anything is possible. will it happen? Probably not. You can be about 98% sure that the cabin you've been assigned is the one you'll sail in.

Archived