Wheelchair accessibility in New Zealand

Hi,

I've posted this in the Disabled Cruise Travel forum as well but in case anyone here can help - we are cruising from Sydney to New Zealand on Radiance of the Seas in November. Would appreciate any information anyone could provide on accessibility in NZ, accessible shore tours, attractions, transport from port to town etc. DH is quadriplegic, full time electric wheelchair user and cant self transfer. We know he wont be able to go ashore at any of the tender ports but we are keen to see what is available. Our ports are Dunedin, Akaroa, Wellington, Tauranga, Bay of Islands and Auckland.

Cheers

Kelly

Hi,

I've posted this in the Disabled Cruise Travel forum as well but in case anyone here can help - we are cruising from Sydney to New Zealand on Radiance of the Seas in November. Would appreciate any information anyone could provide on accessibility in NZ, accessible shore tours, attractions, transport from port to town etc. DH is quadriplegic, full time electric wheelchair user and cant self transfer. We know he wont be able to go ashore at any of the tender ports but we are keen to see what is available. Our ports are Dunedin, Akaroa, Wellington, Tauranga, Bay of Islands and Auckland.

Cheers

Kelly

this is a very hard one. Akaroa and Bay of Islands are the only tender ports, as for the rest pf the ports yes the ship is at a dock, as for the tours well one would think that they cater for wheel chairs,

but If I was you I would really check with your cruise line indepth for any other info you need to know.

Hi,

Cheers

Kelly

I have posted a reply on the Disabled cruise board - we travel with a scooter and our experiences could be of use. Hope so!

Colleen

I have posted a reply on the Disabled cruise board - we travel with a scooter and our experiences could be of use. Hope so!

Colleen

could you please post a link for evert one to use?

Thank you so much

could you please post a link for evert one to use?

Thank you so much

Link

And could you please deselect the show your signature option when you are making a follow up post on a thread.

Thanks Colleen

Link

And could you please deselect the show your signature option when you are making a follow up post on a thread.

Thanks Colleen

what do you mean by deselect the show your signature option ?

what do you mean by deselect the show your signature option ?

See attached screen dump for the location of the option I referred to.

ScreenDump.jpg

Below the reply message area see Additional Options. You untick

Show your signature with a mouse click. Cuts down on the scrolling past lengthy signatures.

Colleen

Hi Colleen,

If you want your browsing to go a lot quicker and not have to wait for pages that jump all over theplace as they load signatures.......

just go to

User CP....

select Edit Options.....

look for Thread Display Options,

and un check #show signatures.

Then complete the change by clicking

Save Changes.

I use this option and my pages load much faster and I just read the message in the thread. When I want to view a signature, its just a simple matter of clicking on the posters name and then viewing their profile which displays it .

Hi,

Cheers

Kelly

Hi Kelly,

We did the Radiance NZ cruise in Janaury this year. We had handicapped cabin 7112 and I put both pictures of the cabin and a full review on this CC web site.

The links are as follows:

Cabin Pics.

http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=210743

My review is found at:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=96655

Essentially, we have great wheelchair access around the ship.

Akaroa and the Bay Of Islands are tender only as you know. All the other ports offer easy wheelchair access off the ship. We used the Level 3 forward gangway rather than level 4 and it is not as steep. Smooth and easy to maneuver down onto the wharf.

Let me know what other information you require.

Hope the review help.

Mark.

Archived