Cruise Rebate Site(s) Question

Hello All!

I'm a first time cruiser (to be). I booked Carnival Conquest's 7 day western caribbean for this September, directly with Carnival. I noticed in one of the books I've been reading ("The Essential Little Cruise Book" by Jim West) the mention of a site that gives cruise rebates of a portion of the TA commission if you give them your reservation. (I won't mention the specific site to comply with posting guidelines, but it's not too hard to guess). I was wondering if anyone had experience with this type of arrangement, and how it worked.

I'd imagine that their TA services are commensurately lesser, but that's OK. I'll arrange my trip insurance separately with TravelGuard, and did a lot of research on the type of cruise I wanted, cruise line, and pricing before placing a deposit.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks!

J

I am not sure which site you mean but I have used an on-line e-mail only site for two future trips. So far the prices have been good, the service even better then I expected. I have had all of my questions answered usually within an hour, or if late, the next work day. I even had them negotiate an upgrade from an oceanview to a balcony, this was well after final payment was made.

Archived