Celebrity suite 1615

swh&cv

• 1 month later...
I'm in this suite on two upcoming cruises......1st on reflection, then on eclipse.would like to hear any pros but LOVE to hear any cons. Thanks

On 1615, you do have that larger balcony as it is on the "slant". Here's more:

We are looking at a Celebrity Suite for Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014 for Sydney to Auckland exploring the adventures of New Zealand and Australia. I have pulled up some visuals for the size and rooms with such a suite.

Televisions?? You get two. 52" flat screen in living area. 40" in bedroom versus only one 32" with a regular Concierge room.

A Butler?? With Silversea doing the Norway coast in July 2010, we had a Butler and it worked very well as you got a more experienced staff member who, as an example, set-up for us a great World Cup soccer Final Championship viewing party in our room. We had him order off of the room service menu and had a multi-stage dining, fun experience. It was great!! With the Butler, if you desire in-room dining, that makes things easier for ordering, getting service in stages, etc.

Dining Options/Advantages?: Two free speciality dining nights without added cost or charge. Doing a special dinner in the wine room for eight folks in Murano would be nicer knowing there is not the extra $40 a person charge. Blu evening dining options. Not guaranteed, but very likely on being available as a Cel. Suite level passenger. Blu allows more dining time flexibility and a better grade of service, food as a way to have more variety on the ship than just lots of Main Dining Room service at either an early or late time.

More Room?: of 394 sq. ft versus 194 sq. ft. with the regular room (not counting balcony). That means the large siting area with a double-sized, full-length open door view out, plus about three times the closet space including a smaller closet for coats and other items off of the main hallway in, a separate sleeping area that can be closed off if others are visiting your suite, bath with a full tub with above, in-ceiling rain shower head type of option in addition to the wall shower head (not just a shower-only set-up), two doors into the bath area, plus a balcony of 105 sq. ft versus 54 sq. ft. with the concierge/regular balcony. On suite 1615, that balcony size might approach nearly 200 sq. ft. The CS has a larger round table out there, plus a lounge chair. With "creativity", the staff can probably find an added chair or two for out there to better entertain, enjoy etc. in this location. On closet with Celebrity Suite, you get that larger, walk-in closet.

Other Factors/Pluses?: Better, more handy location right in the middle of the ship, closer to the main, best elevators. Less walking along boring, long corridors, etc. Better quality Bulgari luxury bath amenities versus their in-house brand in the Concierge balcony rooms.

Reactions and questions??

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 95,143 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Here is a sampling for some of the visuals for a Celebrity Suite on the Solstice-type ships. The L-shaped sofa allows lots of room to relax and entertain others as you enjoy the view out the double-sized sliding glass, full-length doors. The deck lounge chair and table are larger on the double-sized balcony. The bedroom area connects directly to the bathroom and the walk-in closet area. Not one, but two TV's, including a 54" in the living area and a 40" in the bedroom.

CeleSuiteLivRoomLsofa.jpg

CeleSuiteDeckFurnComfort.jpg

CeleSuiteBedroom.jpg

CeleSuiteLRLargeTV.jpg

CeleSuiteBRTV.jpg

Not only is the balcony not cramped, it is big enough to have a sun lounger, and a table and chairs on it, we had dinner on ours, the butler set it all up, with proper MDR menu, silver service etc! It was one of our favourite meals.

The only negative i found is when i dont have this cabin i will be disappointed next time!

Not only is the balcony not cramped, it is big enough to have a sun lounger, and a table and chairs on it, we had dinner on ours, the butler set it all up, with proper MDR menu, silver service etc! It was one of our favourite meals.

The only negative i found is when i dont have this cabin i will be disappointed next time!

Thanks...was your balcony regular sized?

Archived