Anyone Use Transport Azumah from Syracuse/Binghamton/Poconos?

IMDORY

Anyone out there use the Transport Azumah shuttle from Syracuse/Binghamton/Poconos to Cape Liberty at all? We leave on the 24th of this month and I'm seriously considering it. It would be so helpful in my decsion if anyone can tell be about their experience with it...any problems...no problems...? Arrival times? Departure times? For that matter-I'd even be happy to hear any experience with this company to the other cruise ports just for an idea of how realiable they are.

I asked this on a different thread but I then decided maybe I should make my own thread to get a quicker answer perhaps.

Thanks!

Anyone out there use the Transport Azumah shuttle from Syracuse/Binghamton/Poconos to Cape Liberty at all? We leave on the 24th of this month and I'm seriously considering it. It would be so helpful in my decsion if anyone can tell be about their experience with it...any problems...no problems...? Arrival times? Departure times? For that matter-I'd even be happy to hear any experience with this company to the other cruise ports just for an idea of how realiable they are.

I asked this on a different thread but I then decided maybe I should make my own thread to get a quicker answer perhaps.

Thanks!

See my post in the other thread. I am in the transportation business, with an office in the Bronx. Would I use this service???? Not if you paid me to use it and INDEMNIFIED me that you would pick up any expenses if there was an accident.

I feel very strongly that transportation services should be run honestly, with PROPER INSURANCE and OPERATING AUTHORITY. I can find neither for this fly by night company.

• 1 month later...

Thanks!

Hey Dory, we're cruising in September from Cape Liberty, struggling with affordable transport options, what did you end up doing!? Any information would be great / really helpful

• 8 months later...

I booked this transportation service a month in advance. They e-mailed me to say everything was fine. They even e-mailed me a few days in advance to say that the shuttle would be full and to make sure we did not bring more than one suit case and one carry on. We arrived early at the Syracuse Transporation Centre to make sure we would not miss them. We waited and waited and nobody showed up. I asked at the front desk and nobody had heard of this company. I went outside to keep watch and saw nobody. Somebody recommended I talk to the taxis because if anybody knew anything about them, they would. I talked to one taxi driver and he had been driving taxis in the area for around twenty years and he had never heard of them. He called the company for me and I was informed that the shuttle had been cancelled the day before. I did not have access to the internet so did not get the e-mail. They cancelled the day before our shuttle trip. I did some scrambling and entered the centre, asking if there was any buses going to NYC. They said one was about to leave. We got a return ticket to and from NYC for $10 less than TransportAzumah with Greyline. Once you get to NYC, you can easily walk to the cruise terminal or take a taxi for around $15. I will never ever book with TransportAzumah again. We were just lucky we were able to find another bus to take us.

I booked this transportation service a month in advance. They e-mailed me to say everything was fine. They even e-mailed me a few days in advance to say that the shuttle would be full and to make sure we did not bring more than one suit case and one carry on. We arrived early at the Syracuse Transporation Centre to make sure we would not miss them. We waited and waited and nobody showed up. I asked at the front desk and nobody had heard of this company. I went outside to keep watch and saw nobody. Somebody recommended I talk to the taxis because if anybody knew anything about them, they would. I talked to one taxi driver and he had been driving taxis in the area for around twenty years and he had never heard of them. He called the company for me and I was informed that the shuttle had been cancelled the day before. I did not have access to the internet so did not get the e-mail. They cancelled the day before our shuttle trip. I did some scrambling and entered the centre, asking if there was any buses going to NYC. They said one was about to leave. We got a return ticket to and from NYC for $10 less than TransportAzumah with Greyline. Once you get to NYC, you can easily walk to the cruise terminal or take a taxi for around $15. I will never ever book with TransportAzumah again. We were just lucky we were able to find another bus to take us.

What a horrible way to start your trip! I'm glad it worked out. I've taken the train from Brockville to Montreal a few times with no problem (and free parking!) and I'm sorry my city couldn't reciprocate the pleasant experience. Although the taxi driver you found seemed helpful.

• 1 month later...

Don't book anything with Azumah transportation for anything. They book your transport take your money and cancel the night before your trip. Then they tell you your refund will be in 7 to 14 days. Still waiting for our refund of over $400.00 after 18 days! Can't contact them and no response when you leave a message. Contacting credit card company and charging them with fraud! :mad::mad:

Archived