Question re immigration on our btb New England and Canada trip

violetta58

Hi

In Sept we are going in the above 25 day trip(can't wait!!) and have some questions re getting off the ship in New York as transit passengers.

Can we get off when we like ,as we are going to do a short private tour and what is the best time to get off to avoid too many queues at immigration? We are thinking of starting the tour at 9 so need to know how long to get off.

I was also wondering about when we reboard,is there a special queue for transit people ?

I am sure many of you experienced transatlantic passengers will be able to help me

Many thanks

Hi

In Sept we are going in the above 25 day trip(can't wait!!) and have some questions re getting off the ship in New York as transit passengers.

Can we get off when we like ,as we are going to do a short private tour and what is the best time to get off to avoid too many queues at immigration? We are thinking of starting the tour at 9 so need to know how long to get off.

I was also wondering about when we reboard,is there a special queue for transit people ?

I am sure many of you experienced transatlantic passengers will be able to help me

Many thanks

There is no good time to get off, when you reach the queues speak nicely to the lady running it and tell her that you are in transit. This normally shortens your wait significantly. Reboarding is dead easy as there is no need to re-register so just head to the left of all the people once through security and you will be fine. Don't forget to fill in your ESTA here https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/esta.html?_flowExecutionKey=_cE8C54EBF-A465-5B18-6A0B-5A5A4CAE6D87_k69624048-3E3B-0783-4D76-CBCB40C66675 and for US address just put "In Transit".

As you will have no luggage to speak off you will be able to get off first with the self help group (passengers who can carry their own luggage) we did this on our B2B and were off the ship by 07.45 with no queues. This might be to early for you but the queues will lengthen when disembarkation proper starts, better to get off early and relax outside hopefully theres a coffee shop outside i never noticed. Capn is right on our return we just walked past all the people checking in and boarded the ship, onboard in minutes...good luck.

Archived