Cutting the bands may cost CCL

If more people complain about the lack of live bands the higher management will read the CC posts and maybe get the hint. I really do believe that good live entertainment is a plus for any cruise line and if CCL management sees a drop in bookings because of the lack of live bands it will change trust me, $$$ is the bottom line.

I am hoping that too. I used to Love Carnival. I am almost milestone having sailed with them 18 times already since I was a child in the early 80's. They used to be my favorite line hands down, but not anymore. I have already booked my 2 cruises next year with NCL- they do have live bands and actually the comparable Carnival cruises were more for the same cabin catagory so it was a no brainer.

Mary49, I also like the bands. Just came back from Fantasy and had a great time listening to Music Boardwalk. i have enjoyed them since 2004. I would not like to cruise and not have them as part of the total package. Pink

I know what you mean. I feel a little guilty about Boardwalk but I guess I can love both groups. Right??? Mary49

I think it's a bad move to cut the bands and live music from Lido as well. But when it all comes down to it, when we get fed up with it and choose other lines, Carnival really won't care. They'll just fill the ships with newbies who don't know better. It's all about the dollar, not about those of us who have loved sailing with them in the past.:rolleyes:

I think it's a bad move to cut the bands and live music from Lido as well. But when it all comes down to it, when we get fed up with it and choose other lines, Carnival really won't care. They'll just fill the ships with newbies who don't know better. It's all about the dollar, not about those of us who have loved sailing with them in the past.:rolleyes:

You're absolutely right. Totally agree. Mary49

And just like with all the complaints first about the menu change, now about the loyalty program and music - if it is so important to you, then just GO already! I'm sure the grass is greener on other lines. You don't need a bunch of anonymous message board posters to validate your decision. Stop complaining and take your vacation dollars elsewhere!

Why would anyone read a thread where they know they are not interested in the subject. Do they just enjoy telling others to not post?!? :confused:

Unfortunately, the crowd at the live music venues are usually smaller than the comedy shows, karaoke or even the piano bar...

The one I wanted to listen to on Splendor was the only smoking "club". I walked in and immediately turned around and left. My brother stayed and regretted it the next day.

As is often the case, the reason for people not doing something may not be the most obvious one. If the changes start to affect the bookings then they might get the point.

Archived