Prague to nuremburg bus

Sylve1

Hi,

I have gleaned all the information on this from this forum and have just tried to book. Everything is good and I select the express bus, 2nd class for 2 people. 38 euro which is great.

Even though it says I have chosen the bus the site keeps referring to trains with comments like- refers to any compartment or reservations must be made for this train but I definitely chose the bus and this is on the booking page.

The bus number is 1054 and the two times that suit are leaving 11:38 and 13:38. If we are the boat a little earlier say 4 will we still be able to board?

Well I booked it. I am pretty sure I have booked the bus! :confused: it still mentions the train but maybe you can change to the train if you want. On - line ticket does say bus and the time taken is just under 4 hours and the trains take about 6 1/2 so I am pretty sure I am right. But on the information emailed it does say 'thank you for opting to take the rail'. Also refers to 'on board the train....' Time wil tell!

Thanks nice to know we can board a little early as we will probably be at the dock around 4pm.

The bus is operated by the German railroads (DB). In recent years, the DB has replaced many trains by busses on this stretch. See here. The fare is EUR 19 per person one way and the bus number and departure time match. The bus leaves from Wilsonova Street, just outside the station.

Thanks for that. It can be a little disconcerting when half the info is in a language you don't understand and it keeps mentioning train! I am pretty sure I have booked the right trip for 2 passengers. We might just check when we get to Prague.:)

Archived