Carnival Magic Wedding Review - 6/3/12

Thanks everyone!

If you are asking me about the hanger, I made it. It's not too hard to make. Just write or print out what you want it to look like, then follow the lines with wire. I got the wire at home depot. I think it was somewhere around 14 gauge? Then I just glued it to the hanger with E6000, although other glues should work just as well.

I'm crafty and have done most of my wedding decor myself. I got the hangers and wire ans tools. It was a waste. Didn't look good at all! Ugh. So I ended up ordering mine. So cool you were able to do it yourself Nikki

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Nikki,

Your pictures are awesome! I actually contacted Colton yesterday and I'm pretty sure I will be doing some bridals with him. I would like for him to shoot the wedding onboard in Key West but I'm afraid there may be issues getting him through port and Carnival security in time. I know you also said that Carnival wasn't to thrilled at the idea of an outside photographer. Thanks so much for your recommendation!

Yeah, that is a difficult situation. Do you have any other non-sailing guests that are getting on just for the day? If he were going on the cruise with you it wouldn't be difficult, but just as a day guest it probably would be.

Yeah, that is a difficult situation. Do you have any other non-sailing guests that are getting on just for the day? If he were going on the cruise with you it wouldn't be difficult, but just as a day guest it probably would be.

Yea. She's getting married in port in Key West I believe.

Not sure how well that will work. Probably better to have him on the cruise. And it'll be extra, but the rates are still low now.

Booking him so late on our cruise cost a bit.

We probably won't. I don't want to risk it. I just hope Carnival's photographer can capture the ceremony and reception in the same way that Colton can. At the very least, my bridals will be AWESOME!

Lol. I'm glad I'm not alone.

I try not to steal other items from brides but those photos where just too amazing.

I booked Colton that same day myself. He's a great guy.

Steal all you want! Colton is awesome to work with. I had a sheet of who was in what pictures for formals and we got them done in about 5 minutes. I couldn't believe it went so fast. He only takes a couple of shots here and there, but they are all great and he doesn't waste your time trying to get the 'perfect' shot.

Kboat - you should print off a sheet of picture wants and show them to your photographer. So that he will know what style you are looking for.

Niknik... Ok we had booked the dj but now considering jazz. It appears to be the same price on the sheet as the dj ($75). Can you confirm this ?

I think it cost $250 for the band. To me, they were well worth the extra $175.

Absolutely loved your pictures!

One question, did you have people sign the map or what was that used for?

Thanks so much for sharing. Your wedding is truly an inspiration!

Thanks! We had people sign the mat around the map as a guest book and most people wrote us little notes with well wishes. On the mat, we had printed 'our journey awaits' with our names and wedding date. You know the maps where people put little dots everywhere they have been? Possibly different colors if you went without your spouse, as a group, etc? We are going to use it like that. Can't wait to start putting dots onto it :)

• 2 weeks later...
Hey NikNiki,

Do you remember the actual time you got on the ship? I know you say you waited about an hour to board. So is that about 11am?

I don't remember exactly and it might be different every time. But that sounds about right.

Does the band only play certain pieces of music or did they take requests as well?

Btw, gorgeous pics!!

We didn't really request anything besides our first dance and father/daughter mother/son dance, but I'm sure they would if you wanted something specific. I think they are the band that plays in the main show lounge all the time so I'm sure they can play pretty much anything.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
I'm sorry that you thought that about the pictures. Mine were actually wonderful wedding pictures. Some of the best I've seen. I know going into it I just thought it was one of the photographers that take your picture before dinner who would be taking the pictures and I was a little worried. But, that actually isn't true. Carnival hires a few photographers on each ship that do I think its called 'dream' photography. They do all the weddings and cruisers can hire them to be taken around the ship or into port to have professional pictures done. It is actually very neat. And they are amazing. I'm sure your friend takes wonderful pictures and they will turn out beautifully, but I hate that you missed out on Edwin because he was perfect!

Do you bridetobe52012 happen to have any pictures from your wedding?

Archived