Chilkoot Charters Yukon Land & Bus Excursion

Casey2

I thought I had had finally come to a decision about Skagway. We were all set to take Frontier Tours Yukon Deluxe tour- which is a van trip to Emerald Lake, but would have to sacrafice the train . I just read that Chilkoot Charters offers both the train to the summit and a motorcoach out to Emerald Lake. Has anyone taken this tour or know anything about it?

I may be wrong but I believe this is the company that Murray recommends (Yukon). His advice is sound and accurate. Hopefully he will see this and respond. And definately heed his advice. :)

Hi, I was interested in that tour as well. I sent an e-mail to the company and found out the cost is $139. I have mixec feeling about doing it since I feel its alot of money and that since its a 7.5 hour tour it will use all of the port time. Since its my first time to AK, I also wanted to visit some of the towns at each port.

I was quoted $144.56 PP for the Chilkoot Tour Yukon Rail and Bus Excursion. This price includes the tax.

Their web site states it begins at 7:30. Our ship gets into port at 7:00 so I am worried we may not be able to make it off the ship in time to meet for the excursion. I don't know how hectic it is to get off the ship??????

Any comments about this dilemna?

I was quoted $144.56 PP for the Chilkoot Tour Yukon Rail and Bus Excursion. This price includes the tax.

Their web site states it begins at 7:30. Our ship gets into port at 7:00 so I am worried we may not be able to make it off the ship in time to meet for the excursion. I don't know how hectic it is to get off the ship??????

Any comments about this dilemna?

Yup. I was also a bit worried about this so asked Chikoot Tours directly. Here was their answer (edited for a bit of clarity):

"The ship arrives at 6 am and gang way access is at 7 am so there is plenty of time. If for some reason the ship was late the train waits or we do the bus portion first and then the train in the after noon around 2:30 pm."

Archived