First time in Mexican Riviera

Mexidog

First time in Mexican Riviera. We are travelling with kids and would like to know the best place to swim with Dolphins, and other recomended tours. Stopping in Acapulco, Ixtapa, Puerto Vallarta, and Cabo. Also interested in Snorkeling. Would like to have two beach days of nothing but sun and surf. Any information would be very helpful:)

Thanks

Off to my first Mexican Riviera cruise in less than a week! I am booked for a dolphin swim in Puerto Vallarta. In Cabo, you can take a water taxi to Medano Beach where there are a few different resorts that allow cruisers to utilize thier facilities free for the day. Check out posts by "Bob7". I have found his research to be of great help to me in planning my trip. Enjoy!!

My family of four (incl kids ages 13 and 9) just returned from our first Mex Riv cruise experience. We LOVED it.

We did the following -

1. Randi's Happy Horses in Mazatlan - a great day. Randi is a wonderful woman who runs a great tour. We all loved our day. My daughter (13) had ridden before but it's been around 4 years. My son (9) had never ridden and the smile on his face said it all. You will love your day, riding to the beach and then along the beach at your own pace with Randi's guides, lunch at Victors and then back to town/the ship. She took us to and from the ride site by "taxi van" and then "taxi boats".

2. ATV excursion in Cabo - This was a ball. We drove ATV's along dirt paths that were hilly, curvy and just plain fun! You see lots of cacti, a waterfall that was pretty dry and then drive down to the beach. It was a fun, adventurous day. I booked through Explora Adventours – Los Cabos – Fabian Valdes (ATV Tour – El Tule Waterfalls (3 hours) - 9:oo departure - $75 2 riders per ATV + 5% tax). Fvaldes@clubregina.com

3. PV - tours cancelled since we were late. We were going to split up on that day - 2 doing Canopy Tour and 2 doing Dolphin Swim. Another time....

Hope that gives you some ideas!

Bobbie

Hi Sherry,

The price was per ATV. We were picked up by the tour provider in a big airconditioned van, along with other passengers from area hotels, and taken approx 15-20 minutes to the ATV site. Then we were returned to the pier when we were done.

It was a BLAST!!! The horseback and ATV rides were something our family adventurers won't forget!

Bobbie

Archived