Triumph 4/30 overall Disappointing trip

JudiinMt

Sorry that the cruise was not everything that you would have liked for it to be. Sounds like the weather incident may have caused a little trouble but some of the things described in some of the posts is what I consider the norm for Carnival.

The so called "Seaview Bistro" is a total joke. I truly believe that Carnival uses this to punish those that choose not to dine in the dining room. The choices are lame. I have no problem with the breakfast and lunch buffets at all.

If this Chris guy is the same CD that was on the Fascination three years ago then I know where you are coming from. His biggest talent was running around the stage dressed in a bumble bee suit making farting noises. He was so proud of this accomplishment.

I just came off of the Sovereign of the Seas yesterday morning and IMHO Carnival is losing ground on overall quality and service. Just my two cents.

I was also on the 4/30 sailing of the Triumph and am sorry so many found certain aspects lacking. I admit it was my first cruise, so I therefore lack the ability to compare, but I had an absolute blast. I just don't want anyone booked for future sailings on the Triumph to think it isn't possible to have a perfectly enjoyable cruise.

I found CD Chris, as well as Marcus and Noonan, to be hilarious. However, I am also age 25 and his humor might appeal to me a bit more than to an older crowd. (Not that I am calling any of you old!!!) I never ran into any canceled activities, luckily (including trivia). I enjoyed all the activities, but am also more willing to get up on stage and make a fool of myself than most people!

As far as the complaints about the Lido restaurant/pizza/grill being closed for dinner after the squall - it was done for safety reasons. I actually visited the Lido southe beach restaurant during the tail end of the squall while pool water was still spreading throughout the area. There were a fair amount of guests eating also, and the staff realized that this area of the Lido deck had electrical wiring under the flooring in order to power the buffet stations and grills. We were told to sit tight with feet off the floor until they could get the electricity to this area of the ship shut off so that all guests could avoid electrocution. My guess is that they left the under-floor electricity off for the rest of the evening until they were absolutely certain the carpet was dry enough to not conduct electricity. Luckily, I enjoyed lobster tail in the dining room that night! But I agree, an announcement regarding the closure of these eating options would have been helpful...

• 3 weeks later...

so this is post is where you all went to......

Hey to my friends that sailed on the April 30th sailing of the Triumph:)

Tammy, I see that you are going next year on April 1. So are we but on the HAL Zuiderdam. After 3 Carnival cruises in a row my DW wanted to switch.....

so this is post is where you all went to......

Hey to my friends that sailed on the April 30th sailing of the Triumph:)

Tammy, I see that you are going next year on April 1. So are we but on the HAL Zuiderdam. After 3 Carnival cruises in a row my DW wanted to switch.....

Hi Charley . . . I just wrote to you on another board . . . about our nearly "tipping over" fun afternoon. Yes . . . I booked another Carnival cruise for April 1 . . . wish ya all were coming with us. With my luck on my last two cruises (Hurricane Frances in 2003 and our "squal/swell" last month) . . . number three should really be "interesting." Tee Hee! Have a wonderful time on the Zuiderdam . . . :)

Archived