How can I find details of a past cruise ...?

Hello my fellow helpful CCers,

I cruised on one of the Superstar ships for a couple of nights in early 2004 (I think it was Gemini or Leo, and i reckon it was late Jan or early Feb). It was a two nighter that left Melbourne, cruised to Tasmania, then turned around and cruised back to Melbourne (no stops, just cruising).

Anyhow, I want to update my signature with actual dates (I know, terribly anal retentive of me). I was part of a large group booking - it was a "business trip/conference" (ha ha :D) - organised by a TA that no longer exists, so I don't have any paperwork.

Now, I have done a bit of sleuthing and I have narrowed it down to late Jan/early Feb using my dental records (I came off the ship requiring root canal therapy on an infected molar!!!:o). From these records I was able then find the date the shipboard account came off my Credit Card (4th February).

Any clues as to online records of Port movements etc. that I could use to find the actual dates of my cruise and which ship I was on?? I have tried google searches for a range of search strings, the Star Cruises website (not helpful:(), and Port of Melbourne Website (couldn't find any old Port schedules).

You lot are usually very resourceful, so any suggestions/links?

Cheers,

I am not aware of anywhere to look I am afraid.

However Star cruises did bring Superstar Leo down to Australia for a season.

We cruised on her from Sydney in June 2003. I dont know how long she stayed here. She came down at short notice because of the SARS scare in Asia. People were cancelling cruises up there , so at very short notice they brought her down to Australia for a series of sell out cruises at ridiculously cheap prices.:)

just editing...in case new folk dont remember , SARS was the Bird Flu epidemic in Asia.

Thanks David,

Both Leo and Gemini came here for the same reason, and cruised from Melbourne, Fremantle and Sydney (mostly domestic cruises I believe). I wasn't completely bitten by the cruising bug at this point, so it was just a nice couple of days away (plus I was in a lot of pain by half way through and dosed up on painkillers for at least half of the cruise, so justifiably hazy on the details ...).

I can't find any reference to a Star Cruises loyalty program, otherwise I would use that to find it.

Cheers,

Archived