Traiters Cove

wwbill4

Is Aug 27th still prime time for Bears at Traitor's Cove? If not, what is one that I can do during our cruise stop in Ketchikan?

I originally booked a Neet's Bay fly-see through Princess $379 for 3 hrs. but it had only 45 min. actual bear viewing so now I'm looking at alternative while I can still cancel without penalty.

Carlin Air will do Traitor's Cove with 1.75-2 hrs at the viewing platform for $349. Another cruiser said the platform at Traitor's Cove is about 50' above the bears so we'd be looking down on them. I liked that it doesn't sound too strenuous getting there (we are in our 70's) too.

I'd appreciate comments on Carlin if you know anything about safety record or plane or how to check that. I have no clue about planes. I'd love to hear whatever info you are willing to share whether it be about Carlin, the plane, the Traitor's Cove site, best time to see bears there, or elsewhere, or any tips on making it a memorable experience.

Is Aug 27th still prime time for Bears at Traitor's Cove? If not, what is one that I can do during our cruise stop in Ketchikan?

I originally booked a Neet's Bay fly-see through Princess $379 for 3 hrs. but it had only 45 min. actual bear viewing so now I'm looking at alternative while I can still cancel without penalty.

Carlin Air will do Traitor's Cove with 1.75-2 hrs at the viewing platform for $349. Another cruiser said the platform at Traitor's Cove is about 50' above the bears so we'd be looking down on them. I liked that it doesn't sound too strenuous getting there (we are in our 70's) too.

I'd appreciate comments on Carlin if you know anything about safety record or plane or how to check that. I have no clue about planes. I'd love to hear whatever info you are willing to share whether it be about Carlin, the plane, the Traitor's Cove site, best time to see bears there, or elsewhere, or any tips on making it a memorable experience.

Yes, Traitor's would be a good option in your timeframe. Jeff is a Long time, well established Ketchikan pilot. I've flown with him once. You should be able to do a google search for safety information. FAA and NTSB would be two sites to consider.

Archived