Which excursion?

myangel

I need advice on which excursion to take........... Which, in your opinion would be better: the Mendenhall Glacier Helicopter Tour in Juneau, or the Misty Fjords flightseeing tour in Ketchikan? Also, has anyone done the lumberjack show in Ketchikan? Thanks so much for your help!!!

Hi myangel!

I can't comment on the Mendenhall Glacier flightseeing in Juneau, since we did the whale watching tour last year with Capt Lary.

But I can comment on the Misty Fjords. We did the fly/cruise tour thru Princess, and flew into the Misty Fjords National Monument, landed in our seaplane, and then cruised back out on the "Majestic Fjords" boat. It was absolutely wonderful! I don't think I've ever seen such scenery in my life! And loads of wildlife! Eagles, bears, etc...

Have a great time, and Happy Sailings!

Although some will "dish" the fly in/cruise out Misty Fjords trip it gives you two unique perspectives of this area and many, many who have done it agree-- no "right" or "wrong' way ...It's a difficult choice between the copter and this tour though.. If you aren't sure you will be back to Alaska, do both.. And in Juneau you can arrange both thru Capt Larry if you want to go whalewatching too.

Archived