Do I need to wear a Patch?

sailingmickey

No. River cruising is very sedate and smooth. In most cases the river is only 300-500 feet wide (it can be wider is some places). They are quite sheltered and you should not feel any movement. The only time I have seen anything approaching waves, is when two rivers join together. That area tends to be more open, and I have seen "waves" of less than a foot.

Leave your patches at home and save the money to buy something nice to remind you of the wonderful time you had!

Cheers,

Agreed! It's one of the blissful things about river cruising; no worries about motion. :)

In fact, if you also suffer from that annoying feeling of still being on the ship once you reach dry land again, you won't experience that either. I'm usually "moving" for about a week after returning from an ocean cruise (even when it's millpond smooth). Not a bit of it after 12 days with Uniworld on the Danube. Wonderful!

The only river cruise that we have taken that would possibly justify a patch would be the cruise form St. Petersburg to Moscow, as it traverses a couple of pretty large lakes, and we hit some pretty good waves on one of them. Normally you barely sense that you are moving without looking out the window.

Archived